The Financial Analyst prepares forecasts, monthly closings, and analyzes and presents the economic performance for Céline. In addition, this position is responsible for addressing inquiries and requests for information from the central financial department. The position is based in New York City and reports to the Finance Director, North America.
- Prepare in collaboration with operational teams the monthly forecasting reporting, including budgets and strategic plans, by brand, fulfilling the deadlines defined by the HQs
- Prepare the monthly closing for all the brands in a timely manner.
- Review the monthly performance by brand, including variance analysis on actual results vs. budget and forecast, trend analysis, risk/opportunity analysis and profitability
- Prepare monthly dashboard reporting by brand and analysis of sales, gross margin, inventory, and operating expenses, including selling expenses and marketing.
- Preparation and diffusion of departments' cost monitoring reports. MTD and YTD presentation of costs per department / store and nature, comparing Actual with Budget and suggesting action plans if needed.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and analysis
- Communicate and collaborate closely with local management teams and Europe - based finance teams
- Required Education: - Bachelor's Degree in Finance required
- Languages: - Required fluency in both spoken and written English. Preferred knowledge of Spanish and French.
- Professional experience & know how: - At least 5 years acquired in financial planning, preferably in fashion. Preference for experience in international company
- Advanced Excel skills and other MS software, including strong PowerPoint for presentation preparation required
- Preferred experience with ERP systems including SAP and JDE, Business Intelligence, including Datawarehouse, Gambit, Giant and POS, Cegid and Retail Pro
- Good organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills are a must
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and oriented towards achieving results
- Must work well independently and in a team environment, and in a fast paced organization