The Financial Controller of Local Market reports to the Regional Controller Americas. She/He is a true business partner and works closely with the Regional Director. This position will be in charge of monitoring the activity and the operational issues, in order to help decision-making and performance steering. She/He works on the Export Channel (LATAM Agents) and the Subsidiaries Channel (Argentina, Mexico, Brazil)
1. Business partner role:
- Alert the business on potential market trend changes (continuous monitoring of risks and opportunities).
- Advise the Regional Director on business decisions and their financial impact
- Measure and analyze the gaps between objectives and achievements
- Suggest action plans to ensure the achievement of Operational Profit (OP) objectives
- Make a clear summary of the overall performance and financial information during the monthly reporting as well as budget phases
- Enforce the application of the P&C and LVMH rules and processes
2. Specific to the Agents channel
- Monitor turnover via Daily Sales analysis, 3-months sales outlook (Rolling Forecast), and actual monthly reporting (Flash Memo)
- Analyze the Agents activity via Wholesale, Sell-out, POSM, Stock and DSO analyzes etc.
- Monitor the A&P budget and challenge the profitability of the investments
- Guarantee the application of Agent contracts and the proper execution of commercial agreements
- Potentially, perform an Agent audit in support of Internal Control team (1 per year)
3. Specific to the Subsidiaries channel
- Monitor the macroeconomic context and alert the business accordingly
- Be in charge of the financial monitoring directly with the Regional Director.
- Ongoing: perform a complete financial and business review with the subsidiaries on a regular basis. This task involves trips to the region / subsidiary.
- In the budget phase: define the financial objectives of the subsidiaries. Analyze the financial statements and interact with the local controllers / brand managers / regional directors, prior to the COMEX presentation meetings.
- Analyze SSC costs and shared costs LVMH FB
4. Specific to the regional office
- Participate in the administrative management of the Miami office (systems, processes, backoffice support)
- Participate in budget tracking of office expenses
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Finance (Controlling, Consolidation & Reporting etc.)
- Being "business oriented"
- Business School degree or equivalent
- Good financial skills & technique.
- Communication skills, autonomy and initiative, as well as ability to work in a team.
- English / French fluent. Spanish is recommended.
- Manage a financial team
- Possible evolution towards a commercial function