THE CONTEXT ________
LVMH's Perfumes & Cosmetics activities benefit from exceptional dynamism that relies on both the longevity and development of key lines, and on the boldness of new creations.
The brands cultivate what makes them unique and is guaranteed to make them stand out for their devotees in a highly competitive global market. The success of the Perfumes & Cosmetics division depends on finding the right balance between major historic Houses such as Parfums Christian Dior, Parfums Givenchy and Guerlain, and young brands with strong potential like Benefit Cosmetics, Fresh and Make Up For Ever.
All are driven by the same values: a quest for excellence, creativity, innovation and perfect mastery of their image.
LVMH Perfumes & Cosmetics Middle East manages 8 different brands including Parfums Christian Dior, Make Up for Ever, Givenchy, Kenzo, Loewe, Acqua Di Parma, Guerlain and Benefit Cosmetics.
LVMH P&C Middle East oversees an area of 47 countries in the Middle East, Europe, Africa, and India with subsidiaries and agents' structures.
YOUR MISSION ____________
The Financial Controller will be welcomed among the regional Finance team for LVMH P&C Middle East. He / She will be directly involved in all the finance department responsibilities. The main duties will include:
- Perform monthly financial closing related to P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Monitor, challenge and support for all main expenses (Local A&P Investments, POSM, Payroll, CAPEX etc)
- Participate to the budgetary process and business plans
- Support the GM in the management of the business
- Maintain a close relationship with the brands Global Headquarters
The Financial Controller will work on:
1) Manage the Operational Finance functions
- Preparation of the monthly closing process to reach trustworthy closing reporting
- Production of monthly financial statements: P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Production of all required alternatives reporting from headquarter and local management
- Analysis, recommendation and follow up of action plan of all key expenses to challenge stakeholders and investment decisions using relevant report and analysis
- Perform the data entry coding to be provided to accounting department for accurate P&L records
- Monitor AP and AR with reports and action plans
- Perform any required ad-hoc studies upon specific needs of the management
2) Participate to the Budget, Revision and Strategic plans
- Lead the data collection of all required inputs to build the P&L
- Challenge, evaluate and validate scenarios with Department Managers and GM
3) Be involved in the Organization, IT & Processes
- Participate to controlling and accounting best practices roll-out all over the Middle East
4) Challenge & Support Cross Functional teams
- Work closely for the development of the company with all other departments (Sales, marketing) in a support & challenge approach
- Lead the implementation of Internal Audit best practices
- Control and challenge T&E claims to propose and amend rules and best practices when required in coordination with management
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Finance & Controlling, and a minimum of 3 years of successful professional experience in finance and controlling are a must
- Professional qualification (ie CFA, ACCA) is desirable
- Previous experiences in the Middle East and/or the Cosmetics / Luxury industry are a strong advantage
- Very proficient user of the MS Office package
- Highly experienced in ERP (Oracle, Hyperion) and other finance reporting tools;
- Fluent in English; French and Arabic can be a significant advantage but is not compulsory
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Meticulous, detail oriented and well organized, capable to handle multiple priorities and multi-tasking while respecting deadlines