General Purpose of the Position:
This role is a key asset in the management and the future growth of the company. This individual will be leading the FP&A function and will be spear-heading the Company's different budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, cash flow forecast, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights, support and recommendations to foster ‘optimal' business decision making.
The above tasks require both an understanding of the company's historical performance as well as mastering the key assumptions and trends that may impact the future, in addition to a full comprehension of both accounting and business operations. As a result, s/he will be in frequent contact with all areas of the company including operations, sales, marketing, treasury and accounting. FP&A's role as the "eyes and ears" of the organization makes it a central liaison between the corporate and operations teams. As such, s/he will frequently interface with the President of the company.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Analyze current and past trends in Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Highlight trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis.
- Preparing and presenting Monthly Financial reports.
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in marketing programs, new store rollouts as well as new projects.
- Participate and/or lead strategic projects aimed at improving/streamlining business, business related processes and/or exploiting relevant business opportunities
- Decision Making: Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ideally coming from the consulting world.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, verbal and written.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and proactive.
- Positive attitude also when working under pressure.
- Proficient with Excel and Power Point.
- Experience with SAP and/or Hyperion a plus.
Education and Experience Required
- Strong background in Corporate Finance Consulting.
- Experience in Audit a plus.
- Experience in Retail and/or Luxury Goods Industry a plus.