MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE:
The Forecast Analyst is responsible for aggregating forecasts from multiple Travel Retail markets, analyzing (challenging), understanding and communicating the drivers to the numbers back to TR HQ and the Global NY Team.
This position will support multiple projects and will interact with various departments within Fresh to include Finance, TR Marketing, Assembly, Supply Chain and Logistics. The collaboration between the various business functions will be critical to the success of the Forecast Analyst.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compile and analyze forecasts for all TR markets
- Communicate latest information from Global Product Marketing/Forecasting on launches, seasonal programs and one shots
- Continuously monitor markets for variance with program guidelines and frozen forecast policy
- Maintain regular contact with markets and support Head Quarters in communicating business objectives and needs
- Be up-to-date on the sales, distribution channel strategy and maintain regular contact with markets
- Support Head Quarters in sharing market business intelligence (opening of new doors, promotion activity and sales results, catalog updates)
- Generate reports accurately and timely for defined markets to measure forecast accuracy and to drive continuous improvement
- Challenge and consolidate the promotions and launches sales forecasts projected by the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Take part in costs optimization of samples and testers usage
- All other duties as assigned
In this position, all initiative taken to propose and conduct any continuous improvement actions / project (optimized tool, simplified processes, reduction of administrative workload...) will be welcome and encouraged.
- Ability to work on own initiative with a pro-active strategic approach to challenges.
- Strong data analysis skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective Team player and ability to motivate a team to achieve set goals.
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Customer and market oriented.
- Forecasts Accuracy
- Sales performance
- Products availability
- Inventory level & quality
PRINCIPAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business-related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of supply chain experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with advanced Excel data manipulation and analysis skills.
- Familiarity with SAP, Cognos and SharePoint.
- APICS certification is desirable.