MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The FP&A Director is responsible for the oversight of the global function while providing organizational and administrative support for the financial operations of the business. He or she will take action under the direct supervision of the VP of Global Finance, and the indirect supervision of the Chief Operating Officer. He or she will work collaboratively with other members of the corporate management team and local controlling groups and will implement and enforce company policies and procedures.
Main responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Manage budgets/forecasts/strategic plan process with the markets: review and challenge main assumptions, provide recommendations
- Support in Monthly Close Review Process: manage and review monthly P&L results and comments against budget and prior year (contribution analysis) for all markets and subsidiaries, working closely with local controlling teams to understand operations and variance explanations. Organize monthly international P&L reviews attended by COO & VP Finance. Address inquiries raised during meetings. Prepare meetings minutes and distribute to P Finance, COO, CEO, and GM. Ensure consistent reporting treatment across all markets.
- Manage delivery of performance commitments from markets. Identify and analyze major variances. Identify risks and opportunities, alert executive management and propose acceleration and/or profit protection plans if needed in coordination with markets
- Actively participate to the monthly closing process in coordination with Consolidation and Reporting team
- Prepare monthly Retail Sales/Net Sales/P&L comments for LVMH
- Review monthly outlook (forecasted sales of the next 3 months) from local markets and provide consolidated view and analysis to Top management
- Review capital expenditures from local markets on a quarterly basis and provide recommendation
- Contribute to the strategic analysis in support of new channel and market opportunities globally
- Partner with Markets leaders and Controllers to identify opportunities for business growth
- Prepare post mortem for worldwide boutique performance at year end
- Develop other scorecards that will provide insightful information to executive team (such as, but not limited to AR/DSO by subsidiary, WW freight and inventory reports, assisting in WW DOI calculation, sales trend analysis by subsidiary - wholesale vs retail and weeks of supply, etc.)
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as required
- Based in Jersey City with weekly meetings to NYC HQ
- Frequent communications (Skype, calls, meetings) with Asia, North America and Europe
- Approximately five trips per year in Europe and Asia for Budgets and Strategic plan reviews
- Eight plus years' experience in Financial Planning & Analysis senior positions, Controlling, and Reporting
- MBA highly preferred
- Strong technical financial skills in consumer product goods, ideally in the beauty industry
- Demonstrated strong technical financial skills
- Experience with consolidation process
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills, detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent in Excel, experience with Microsoft AX and Magnitude is a plus
- Deadline and results oriented. Likes challenge. Pursues opportunities. Consistently high achieving.
- Priority Setting: determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and takes action accordingly.
- Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented. Able to work on multiple projects and strong multitasking abilities. Offers practical recommendations.
- Personal Accountability: accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure. Embraces experiences as learning opportunities