The General Accountant intern provides support to the Finance Department in operations that include but are not limited to activities related to the accurate processing of authorized invoices, recording, updating and reconciling related financial information while maintaining complete confidentiality. He/she will be responsible for cash management and banking operations with both third parties and Intercompany. This position includes responsibilities of electronic banking administration, banking documentation, daily cash management and wire payment processing
- Getting approval for invoices and reports, SAP coding, SAP data entry, maintaining purchase order trackers, and processing for payment.
- Review and update all accounts payable data, as well as ensure accuracy in general ledgers prior to payment and month-end closing.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Support team members as needed to complete work activities on time.
- Run daily or recurring SAP Accounting transactions
- Initiate, track and confirm wire payments in SAP and banking portals
- Daily cash positioning
- Monthly cash reporting
- Coordinate payments, receipts and transfers with external and internal parties
- Support Finance Director and Accounts team on daily activities and analysis
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel required), database systems, email and internet
- Knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger
- Demonstrate outstanding time management and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and flexibility is a must
SAP knowledge would be a plus