Oversee the general accounting, month end closing, overheads analysis, Control State billing and inventory control functions with emphasis on ensuring enforcement of defined processes, internal control principles are followed and that information is timely and accurately shared with all stakeholders
Closing / General Ledger Maintenance Procedures:
- Manage month, quarter, and year end closing activities
- Supervise and review all entries and accruals
- Act as the key contact for requests originating outside of the finance group (general accounting, Overheads, tax)
- Ensure accurate preparation of monthly SAP trial balances produced from SAP
- Ensure account balances are properly reconciled and analyzed in accordance with the assigned level of frequency
- Ensure reconciliation of SAP FI module with COPA SAP modules
- Ensure that accurate month end data is passed to the reporting team in a timely manner in order to achieve assigned reporting deadlines.
- Reconcile and resolve any discrepancies
- Insure that preparation of all departmental overhead reports are prepared accurately and in accordance with the assigned due dates and distributed to all stakeholders.
- Prepare actual headcount report on a monthly basis for overhead reporting
- Oversee the preparation of Overhead reporting by department
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of departmental overhead reports
- In conjunction with the Controller communicate "Risks and Opportunities" analysis as required
- Review Flat File Reconciliation and ensure are deliveries from New Jersey, Florida and California contract warehouses are invoiced in SAP on a daily basis
- Monitor Bailment Billing and ensure all billing is posted in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare Bailment Accrual for month-end closing and perform Bailment Accrual Lookback Analysis
- In conjunction with the Accounts Receivable Manager, ensure any open items on bailment states are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Management of the Inventory Control function, including (but not restricted to) the following:
- Ensure that the New Jersey, Florida and California contract warehouse reconciliations are completed in a timely on a monthly basis and all variances are researched and resolved prior to the next month-end close.
- Ensure that all Control State warehouse reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis and that all large variances are researched and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all recharges to Control State warehouses are invoiced in a timely manner, in accordance with all contractual agreements.
- Oversee Topaz Inventory Reconciliation and review discrepancies and provide explanations for significant variances
- Reconcile the annual warehouse physical inventory counts at the New Jersey, Florida and California contract warehouses and reconcile any bailment physical inventory counts.
- Identify enhancements via automation for all processes within area of responsibility
- Oversee the management of the vendor portal to ensure all new vendor created are in alignment with vendor policy.
- Prepare requested documentation for insurance purposes
- Review Capex Requests and Create/Change Assets as necessary in SAP
- Create/Change Cost Centers as necessary in SAP
- Prepare/Review audit requests for internal and external audits
- Ensure a sufficient internal control environment is in place for the general accounting and overheads functions
- Maintain appropriate documentation around all procedures
- Provide a challenging yet rewarding environment to the general accounting team
- Make sure general accounting team members have the appropriate level of knowledge and receive the appropriate level of training to insure the future development of all team members
- Ensure effective communication and alignment of individual, department & Company goals
Professional experience & know how:
- 7-10 years of Accounting/ Finance experience with hands-on exposure to both General and Managerial Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing a team required.
- Highly organized individual who is able to work with limited direction;
- must be able to set and adjust priorities independently,
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy,
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work with all levels of the organization and must be able to adapt to various work styles.
- Experience working within the beverage alcohol & three -tier system is a plus.
- Strong Knowledge of General Accounting Concepts, Strong communication skills, Hands on experience working with the FI and CO modules of SAP required.
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, macros) required.
- Experience with Cognos a plus.
- Experience developing financial reports using report writing software a plus
Based in NYC
Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. considers candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.