The General Manager, North America will drive overall strategy and operations, with full P&L responsibility, for the region. They will be responsible for developing and driving both topline and bottom-line goals and results while maintaining and enhancing the brand equity already established in the market. The General Manager will ensure that they remain current with consumer and market insights/trends and that they are properly communicated to the global team so that the product pipeline and marketing assets meet the needs of the market.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the region and ensure that the brand's vision is carried out at both company and market levels.
- Develop, own and execute a strategic plan and go-to-market strategy that balances all channels including wholesale, retail, and ecommerce.
- Full P&L responsibility for the region. Ensure that the organization is set up to deliver upon the mutually agreed upon topline, bottom-line and margin targets that are established with the Global CEO.
- Set priorities and allocate resources accordingly to achieve the annual plans.
- Ensure that a robust approach to financial management exits at all levels.
- Develop the region's people strategy to align with delivering the annual goals. Create a high-performance culture and team and ensure a diverse and inclusive culture exists.
- Ensure the team is aligned, engaged and empowered to deliver results.
- Establish and maintain deep relationships with key clients and ensure they have the right business driving strategies and are properly serviced in all channels to maximize sales.
- Develop and execute a balanced DTC (both retail and Ecommerce) strategy.
- Ensure product integrity is maintained across all online vehicles and that customer acquisition, retention and communication is being maximized through these entities.
- Seek opportunities to make the operational aspects of the business more efficient and add new processes where needed.
- Develop and execute a marketing and communications plan that is in alignment with the global brief and helps achieve the brand and financial goals of the market.
- Ensure that marketing budgets are continually reviewed to ensure that the proper channels are utilized in the most effective and efficient manner (both in traditional and digital executions).
- Proactively work with the global team to ensure you have products and programs relevant to the market.
- Identify future regional trends in product, packaging, and conceptual innovation, and communicate all information in timely manner to global team.
- Maximize in-store consumer engagement by providing multiple, locally relevant creative assets for in-store distortion opportunities in each channel.
- Take calculated risks to ensure business is always innovating "test and play".
- Hire and develop the best people for skills and culture.
- Actively lead and engage in talent development in order to create high-performing talent across the region.
- Be the example and ensure best-in-class compliance and corporate governance by creating and sustaining a culture of ethics and integrity within the region.
Vice President Sales Development
Vice President Communications
Vice President Marketing
Executive Director of Education & Events
Vice President Regional Sales
Director Regional Sales
National Director, Sephora
Specialty Account Manager
General Manager, Canada
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- 15+ years of experience
- Proven successful experience as a General Manager and/or General Manager of a CPG or digital business is a plus. Must have the ability to manage a P&L.
- A passionate leader with proven ability and team spirit who can energize culture and drive the business at pace. Must be able to be hands on.
- Strategic and analytical capability: can operate at 1,000 feet and be comfortable going deep into the detail to understand business drivers and performance.
- Ability to combine collaborative and inclusive style with agile decision-making.
- Proven experience in Sales and Retail, (Marketing and Education a plus). Digitally savvy.
- Strong experience in the United States market and deep knowledge of the regional differences.
- Proven record in dramatically driving top line and profitability growth.
- Track record of creative thinking in driving the business
- Willingness to travel (mostly domestic).
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate region needs
- Strong People and Transformation Leader with the ability to communicate a clear framework of the strategic priorities
NOTE : This job description is intended to cover the core accountabilities of the position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.