The Global Director, Internal Control & Business Continuity will create and animate the internal audit function for Marc Jacobs across the world. This positions responsibility will include but are not limited to ensuring compliance with Marc Jacobs internal policies, LVMH requirements, Business Continuity Program, Corporate Risk and Protection, Sales Audit, coordinating the audit/control processes, and assist management and the business in their needs. This role will take action under the direct supervision of the Global CFO and will work collaboratively across the organization.
Essential duties and requirements*:
- Ensure compliance and control based on the existing documentation and internal procedures.
- Monitor the application of the Marc Jacobs Corporate Internal Procedure and LVMH requirements
- Evaluate business compliance and procedures and ensure they are aligned with local laws and rules where Marc Jacobs operates globally.
- Conduct the evaluation and testing of business processes, functions or departments and their key business controls and identify areas of risk, based on internal policies and recent Corporate Internal Audit(s).
- Communicate and coordinate effectively and professionally with Company management throughout the internal control process with regard to developing a mutually effective audit work schedule, conducting audit status meetings, and leading the kickoff and exit conferences.
- Performs internal control testing for specific areas as part of the overall audit effort, including adherence to SMART procedures under LVMH Fashion & Leather division.
- Performs internal control testing for specific areas as part of the LVMH ERICA project.
- Responsible for periodic updates and maintenance of the LVMH internal control (ERICA) framework across the world.
- Implement, update and develop the Business Continuity Plan across the world.
- Perform test & training on Business Continuity Plan globally.
- Manage the corporate insurance programs and claims losses following the LVMH procedure.
- Manage the fraud cases and train employees on fraud cases, fraud scenarios and fraud risks.
- Perform audit on stores to address issue.
- Perform Training globally with regards to the activity in scope, where applicable.
- Additional ad-hoc requests as directed by Management.
*This is not inclusive of all responsibilities and duties and may be changed by Management at any time.
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions. Embraces experiences as learning opportunities.
- Priority Setting: Determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and takes action accordingly to meet given deadlines.
- Results Oriented: Drives behavior to emphasize achievement. Self-directed toward accomplishment. Is action oriented. Likes challenge. Pursues opportunities. Consistently high achieving.
- Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships, identifies customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view; offers practical recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills: ability to interact, engage and communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Dynamic, innovative, confident self-starter and self-directed management style: ability to manage, coordinate, execute work load with own initiative, especially due to remote management.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships within the organization.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, with at least 10 years of experience including public accounting and financial and operational auditing.
- A CPA or CIA is highly preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable about internal control framework, i.e., Sarbanes-Oxley
- Public Auditing experience
- Advanced excel skills (pivot tables, v-look ups, etc..)
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be able to meet deadlines, accept change and work unscheduled and short notice overtime
- Microsoft AX experience is a plus