The Global Director, Sourcing & Procurement is responsible for developing and managing all indirect sourcing and purchasing needs for Marc Jacobs International; including but not limited to marketing, retail operations (facilities maintenance, operating supplies, and equipment), visual merchandising, logistics, information technology, security and general office/corporate services for the entire organization, globally. He/she will have overall accountability of these categories and driving cost optimization in all strategic projects based on business requirements. In addition, the Global Director of Sourcing and Procurement will be responsible for the development and adherence of Company policies and procedures around sourcing and purchasing. This role will take action under the direct supervision of the Global CFO and will work collaboratively across the organization.
Essential duties and requirements*:
- Propose a strategic action plan around competitive bidding and sourcing on an ongoing basis and ensure achievement.
- Identify cost optimization opportunities across the Company/globe and present a concise business case/plan to management.
- Develop relationships with key vendors and suppliers and ensure all relationships are adequately documented through contracts and bidding process.
- Create, assess and regenerate documented agreements according to needs.
- Conduct and maintain good communication with all suppliers to ensure they provide the highest quality products and services while maintaining the highest code of ethics and within budget.
- Resolve vendor/supplier disputes and grievances.
- Work with vendors on streamlined billing or national agreements.
- Ensure the company purchasing policy is fully adhered to.
- Work with internal teams to evaluate local vendor quotations with appropriate request for proposals, negotiations and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery and service levels.
- Prepare and review bid proposals for legal correctness and completeness, commercial terms, etc.
- Perform Training globally with regards to the activity in scope, where applicable.
- Additional ad-hoc requests as directed by Management.
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions. Embraces experiences as learning opportunities.
- Results Oriented: Drives behavior to emphasize achievement. Self-directed toward accomplishment. Is action oriented. Likes challenge. Pursues opportunities. Consistently high achieving.
- Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships, identifies customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view; offers practical recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills: ability to interact, engage and communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Dynamic, innovative, confident self-starter and self-directed management style: ability to manage, coordinate, execute work load with own initiative, especially due to remote management.
- A degree in Business Administration, Law or similar field of study.
- 7-10 years of experience in a similar capacity.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills, with an emphasis on attention to details.
- Excellent temperament yet firm, with strong negotiation skills.
- Consumer goods and/or luxury experience a plus.
- Demonstrated skill in dealing with operational departments/individuals.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, accept change and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.