The Global Packaging Developer, will manage package development and engineering to assure timely and cost-effective new product launches and maintenance of business activities. A strong communicator and collaborator with internal and external cross-functional teams, the Global Packaging Developer will identify new and improved packaging components, innovation and processes that will result in effective cost reduction and harmonization programs for new and/or existing products. This position is located in the Jersey City, NJ office.
- Execute the development and qualification of a wide range of primary and secondary packaging solutions that meet the needs for brand aesthetics, consumer use, manufacturing capability, quality and cost
- Support the conceptualization, initiation, development, validation and implementation of new and improved packages and processes including: design generation, prototype development, engineering specifications, mold qualification, functionality and quality testing
- Support the company growth by developing and implementing innovative packages, working cross-functionally with Marketing, Product Development, Design and Operations
- Develop and maintain partnerships with third party packaging and component vendors and fillers
- Collaborate with Marketing and Design teams on establishing feasibility for new packaging initiatives/concepts and manage aesthetic/color approvals
- Support Operations cost savings and efficiency initiatives, and quality investigations towards continuous improvement
- Participate in project planning, manage flow of information, follow up and communicate project milestones and associated risks
- Create package component specifications, pre Bills of Materials and Fill & Assembly specifications.
- Conduct package testing procedures and standards to support the effective design, validation, and implementation of new packages and packaging technology
- Coordinate line trials to ensure package performance for manufacturing.
- Attend component and manufacturing startups as needed to ensure proper execution of design & function.
- Validate artwork based on mandatory technical elements and subsequently validate proof per released artwork.
- Research new or emerging packaging trends and technologies.
- BS/BA degree in Package Engineering/Technology/Science or related engineering field
- 1 - 3 years relevant experience in packaging preferred
- Demonstrated broad and in-depth knowledge of packaging materials and processes
- Demonstrated success of excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with internal partners and external vendors
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined individual, able to work in relative autonomy
- Proficient PC skills - MS Office software and capable of building presentations on Excel and/or PowerPoint.
- CAD literacy will be a plus
- Able to travel when required by strategic programs