Do you love working with numbers and have a curiosity for business? The Glenmorangie Company are looking to recruit a Financial Planning and Analysis Intern to join the Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A). This is a 12-month graduate internship opportunity based at our head-quarters in Edinburgh.
Working as a member of a close-knit Finance team you will provide valued support to meet the growing global demand for our prestigious brands, Glenmorangie and Ardbeg. The FP&A team plays a crucial role by performing budgeting, forecasting, and reporting on the progress of the business in achieving their plans. This includes analysing business trends and past performance to support major corporate decisions.
What will I be doing?
This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate to work closely with our International Business Analyst (IBA) and Consolidating and Reporting Controller (CRC). This role will involve supporting the Finance team in business analytics and reporting, both internally and for international markets, as well as various Finance projects.
- Supporting the CRC ensure accuracy of company data and consolidated figures (actual & forecasted)
- Producing monthly reporting processes
- Building and running a set of Excel files to automate monthly reporting controls / checks
- Helping prepare Budget, LE and PMT books
- Supporting the IBA with business modelling, and create simulations of financial impact for various departments
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders across international markets
- Drafting business cases for New Product Development (P&L / KPIs)
- Assisting the wider team in their daily tasks/responsibilities
- Preparation of regular and ad-hoc business presentations
- Actively extending the scope of analysis to non-financial & competitor data
Technical Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline (e.g. Finance, Economics, Engineering)
- Knowledge of information systems would be advantageous but not essential (e.g. Essbase)
- Excellent PC Skills (Excel and PowerPoint at advanced level)
- Fluent in English, French is an advantage
- Able to work in the UK
Personal & interpersonal skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and can-do attitude
- Able to go the extra mile
- Rigorous, with a strong eye for detail
- Adaptable and autonomous
- Team spirited with an ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Superb time management skills
- An appetite for knowledge and business
As a recent graduate you may not be familiar with all the tasks described, however full development will be provided during the internship. If you are rigorous, methodical, and love working with numbers, this role is ideal for you.
If this sounds like the role for you then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and covering letter, including your salary expectations.