Thomas Pink, an LVMH Maison was founded in 1984 by three brothers, Peter, James & John Mullen whose love of fun and colour offered a new approach to Jermyn Street shirt-making tradition.
In 2018, under the impetus of our CEO & Creative Director, Thomas Pink is currently in a period of regeneration. With shirt-making as its absolute essence, Pink will be re-establishing its unique personality.
Joining Pink is the opportunity to embark on a journey of transformation with a collective of talented individuals who embody the values of Creativity & Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Excellence.
- To manage the UK Retail business to increase sales and improve results of the stores though creative and effective use of all resources, including motivational leadership and business development.
- Manage and coach the Store Managers to ensure they operate the stores through exceptional customer service, sales management, adhering to operating procedures and effective staff management and leadership.
- Act as an ambassador for the Brand always, incorporating brand values in all aspects of the role and serving as a role model for the team and wider business.
Service and Sales Management
- Responsible for the turnover of the Retail UK business and manage the Store Managers to drive sales performance.
- Manage the store's KPI and budget targets.
- Conduct regular store visits across the UK network to identify potential areas of improvement and cultivate a feel for the market trends and opportunities.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders for Salesforce to ensure that it is effectively used to maximise clientelling and direct marketing opportunities. Ensure it is fully utilised in stores and CRM targets are met.
- Responsible for the development of the business of the UK stores, strive to identify business opportunities and implement the related actions.
- Be aware of the trading environment across each location and its impact on our sales, including competitors' trading activities and work with the Store Managers to suggest and implement actions and recommendations.
- Provide a strategic perspective on all projects affecting the UK retail store network.
- Work with Communications and the Retail Director UK & EU to develop and implement in-store events and promotional activities that will grow the brand's client base.
Team Management and Development
- Develop and coach the Store Managers to manage and motivate their teams to drive the business performance.
- Work with HR on the recruitment and development of the teams and securing succession plans for PINK.
- Regularly review the store structure with HR to ensure it best meets the changing needs of the business.
- Work with Store Managers and HR to ensure any employee relation cases are managed appropriately.
- Management of UK Retail budget.
- Manage Store Managers to increase the profitability of the boutiques through the management of store expenditure and controllable costs.
- Oversight of all staff rotas and ensure these best promote productivity.
- Work with the Head of Retail Operations on the project management of store openings/refurbishments/closing.
- Work closely with Retail Merchandising and Supply Chain to provide ongoing feedback and input from the store network on all product and stock related matters.
- Work with Visual Merchandising to ensure VM standards are maintained within the stores and provide feedback and input on store installations.
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Is a leader and team motivator
- Results and solution orientated
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Client-centric mindset
- Passion and affinity for the Brand
- Strong organizational skills
- Energetic and dynamic
- Flexible & adaptable
- Love of shop floor environment
- Strong social and networking skills
- Excellent project management skills
The Head of Retail UK is responsible for managing and driving our UK Retail business to help bring our vision of the new Pink to life. You will inspire and lead the Store Managers to maximise sales and improve results, whilst ensuring the teams deliver an extraordinary and personalised shopping experience to all clients.