To lead the Sales team in building strong partnerships with retailers and agreeing joint strategies to grow sales and profit, increase market share and enhance Givenchy's brand image
- STRATEGIC DIRECTIONKPIs: 3-year vision and strategy in place for each retailer. Other functions aligned behind strategies
- Agree a 3-year vision and strategy for each retailer partner, outlining the ambitions to improve sales, profit and brand image, and the initiatives needed to achieve those ambitions. Coordinate other functions to ensure long-term objectives are aligned. Review progress quarterly to ensure delivery is on track, and adapt plans as appropriate.
- ANNUAL PLANNING.KPIs: Annual budget/plan in place for each retailer. Appropriate investment secured, both internally and externally
- Agree and set annual budgets and plans to meet the objectives of the 3-year strategy. Negotiate commercial terms (eg. rebates, settlement, staffing budgets, FGTT) and retail tactics (eg. trade marketing plan, distribution changes, staffing changes) to support annual budgets. Coordinate other functions to ensure budgets are aligned.
- TRADING. Monitor trading results on a monthly and quarterly basis to ensure performance is on track. Develop and deliver proposals to enhance performance ‘in flight', negotiating additional support as needed. Secure appropriate allocation and sell-in for new launches. Partner with other functions to ensure all retail opportunities are maximised.
- KPIs: Achievement of financial targets: retail sales, gross sales, net sales, DSO, stock cover.
- P&L MANAGEMENT. Drive the enhancement of the P&L for each retailer, in line with the 3-year strategy. Review spends against budget (eg. staffing, capex) on a quarterly basis, addressing over/under-spends as appropriate to achieve profit targets.
- KPIs: Achievement of financial targets: operating profit
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT. Act as primary contact for all communications with retailer partners. Develop engagement plan to enhance reputation of Givenchy within each retailer and continue to build close working relationships. Coordinate other functions as needed to ensure engagement plan is delivered.
- KPIs: Clear engagement plan in place for each retailer. Strong relationships built with retailers.
- TEAM DEVELOPMENT. Lead, coach and motivate team to deliver great results. Develop the skills and capabilities of the team at both a group and an individual level, and build succession plan for long-term development.
- KPIs: Clear succession plan in place for team.
- PROJECTS. Lead strategic, cross-functional or multi-brand projects/initiatives to drive business performance, coordinating activity across retailers and functions as required.
- KPIs: Successful delivery of projects on time and on budget
POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
Reports To: General Manager
Direct Reports: 2 Senior Key Account Mangers
- Givenchy Comex
- Commercial team
- Marketing team
- Retail team
- Training team
European General Manager
- External Agencies
Key Leadership / Managerial Skills
- Business Planning: Constructs a compelling 3- year strategy and translates it into concrete annual plans with SMART targets and detailed action plans; plans business in short , medium and long terms
- P&L management: Fully understands and interprets a P&L statement, identifying risks and opportunities; is focused on driving bottom-line growth
- Negotiation: Uses both hard and soft negotiation techniques to secure win-win results; can adapt approach quickly in order to secure better results; aims for win-win solutions in all negotiations
- Influencing & stakeholder management: Articulate and able to adapt personal style to influence others better; uses a broad range of techniques to build consensus and secure support; actively manages network to influence all stakeholders
- Analytical skills: Compiles and interprets financial, market and category information, translating insights into action plans; is focused on delivering insight and action from the analysis
- Driven and with ability to drive direct reports and other team members around them.
- Customer and relationship focused
- Graduate level education
- 7+ years' experience in UK market in Sales (luxury goods or cosmetics experience is an asset)
- Senior Management potential, with strong personal impact
- Personal affinity with Givenchy
- International / cross functional experience an asset but not essential
- Good understanding of and appreciation for the luxury goods industry