MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
We are an HR team that brings value to our organization by being Business Partners.
As an HRBP to our Global HQ Corporate teams, you will be a key influencer in people, organization and business development. We grow our business and our clients through our teams while developing them to higher performance and engagement.
You will be working closely with departmental and team leaders for the following Global HQ departments:
Finance, 360 Marketing, PR/Communications, Story-Telling Copy Writing, Education, Operations, Supply Chain, IS&T, Digital/E-Commerce, Creative, Visual Merchandising/Store Design, Office Services, Legal, HR.
As an HRBP, you will manage all aspects of the employee lifecycle, fostering and maintaining employee relationships through coaching and advising, assist in organizational effectiveness efforts, as well as building consistency and compliance into daily HR related processes.
Our HR team is people minded, collaborative, team spirited, proactive, progressive and solutions-oriented. As an integral member of our team, you will help develop integrated solutions in a number of key areas, such as recruitment, on-boarding/off-boarding, employee relations, talent development, internal mobility, succession planning, performance management, labor law compliance, HR ops & technology, and skill development training.
An experienced Generalist and Business Partner who understands how to navigate the complexity of a dynamic and growing business in an environment with rapidly evolving teams, will be crucial for our long term success. Our team shepherds change while creating stability for our teams. We help ensure priorities and initiatives are evaluated by the value-add and impact to our people as well as identifying solutions that are scalable and sustainable.
- Participate in the kick-off with TA and hiring manager
- Provide partnership on how the role should be filled and how the team will evolve
- Ensure requisition and job descriptions are updated
- Participate in the interview process
- Conduct exploratory interviews
- Lead the compensation proposal process
- Lead process for an internal promotion or transfer
- Champion in building a talent pipeline
- Coach and advise leadership on performance management conversations and documentation.
- Employee relations: Recommend appropriate action to maintain healthy environment.
- Ownership of respective population headcount and staff costs budget, requisition process, and organizational charts
- Manage employee exit process
- Contribute to the maintenance of HR metrics
- Draw conclusions and make recommendations based HR data
- Meet with employees to maintain a pulse on the business and impacts to our talent, make recommendations or raise concerns
- Coach on and design content of performance reviews, objectives and developmental stretch assignments in alignment with goals of company and aspirations of employees.
- Assist with facilitation of training related to various needs.
- Oversee onboarding process for new employees: set-up request, announcement, on-boarding plan, induction, 90-day review, etc.
- Responsible for the annual performance review process and 30/60-day review.
HR OPERATIONS & PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
- Proactively make recommendations related to processes, programs, etc.
- Assist in the development and administration of all projects, programs, and guidelines aimed at aligning the workforce with goals of the company
- Partner with Office Services team on employee-focused initiatives
- Participate, ideate and coordinate employee engagement programs
- Maintenance of new hires and employee changes in HRIS & LVMH Talent system.
- Liaison to Payroll and communicate any updates.
- Maintain employee files in compliance with state and federal guidelines
- Work with third party vendor on Worker's Compensation, Short and Long Term Disability and Family Leave claims.
- Interface with Immigration Lawyer on all visa related matters
- Interface with A/P, A/R and IT departments
- Maintain appropriate knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Partner with legal as needed. Accountable for HR administration ensuring compliance with legal guidelines.
- Provide HR policy guidance
What you will learn in the first 6 months:
- Build credibility and trust among employees at all levels of the organization
- Identify key aspects of the organization's culture—and understand the employee experience
- Foster an inclusive work environment that seeks and values diverse contributions and perspectives
What you will achieve in 12 months:
- Design and implement initiatives that promote a positive and productive work environment
- Support and provide recommendations to enhance the Onboarding and Employee Engagement strategy
- Develop and execute on talent management strategies to support team growth and individual development
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of Human Resources, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition Experience
- Experience in retail, luxury retail or service-oriented organization, preferred.
- People focused. Able to quickly & organically build strong relationships at all levels cross functionally.
- Emerging coach and thought partner to employees and team leaders.
- Insatiable curiosity for the business. Obsession to understand business priorities and how we in HR support these priorities through our talent.
- Strategic thinker in departmental succession plans to influence advice given to the business.
- Strong people sensibility and instincts. Always considering the implications & impacts to employees.
- Passionate about being progressive in HR philosophies and practices.
- Trust, integrity, accountability and credibility are paramount in character.
- Honesty, transparency, inclusion, thoughtfulness, support and having a strategic mindset are critical in communication and action.
- Experience in building internal compensation proposals & external competitive benchmarking
- Experience in performance management, employee relations and talent development
- Understanding of labor & employment laws, compensation & benefits, policies & procedures
- HR Analytical mindset. You are junkie in reading the story under the numbers as well as proving the HR value-add through strong KPIs
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, punctual, and reliable
- Proactive planning, strong follow-through and follow-up
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Able to effectively and efficiently support multiple teams within the company
- Ability to easily self-motivate
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Dynamic, highly personable, and culturally sensitive
- Resourceful and solutions-oriented
- Expert in creative problem solving
- Affinity to building and evolving. We roll up our sleeves!
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Based in New York, NY