LVUSM is seeking a Industrialization Manager (Product Development Manager) with a bright and vibrant attitude with a desire to drive the development of new products and transfer existing products from Europe and California to Texas (leather goods). The Industrialization Manager interacts in a cross functional way with other departments involved in the launch of new products and manages a team of product developers and project coordinators (direct and functional reporting). He (she) ensures that the deadlines, cost objectives and quality / health / safety standards are met during industrialization for the start and ramp-up of production. The Industrialization Manager ensures the application of the industrialization workflow and best practices of prototyping, industrialization and project animation for new products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
NEW PRODUCTS AND TRANSFERS
- Manages the product developers and project coordinators for new products (direct and functional reports)
- Guarantees the application of all development standards and best practices for new products
- Adapts, standardizes and deploys project management tools, including "Critical Chain Project Management" methodology
- Allocates resources to new product projects in partnership with Logistics and Production, depending on load/capacity and product-related know how
- Supervises all phases of development and industrialization (mock-up, process validation and go for production) by ensuring proper interface of the Development Team with internal teams (Logistics, Production, CI, Finance), Leaders and Headquarter so that projects are carried out within the deadline of the Start of Sales while respecting costs, quality, ergonomics and safety
- Oversees all technical aspects involved in new product industrialization: bill of materials, tools and dies choices, product design improvements, time studies...
- Ensures that new products and transfers are industrialized according to the annual budget dedicated to new launches
- Allocates projects to the Development Team, based on individual load and priorities
- Ensures constant communication with the Development Team and other cross-functional teams to create and promote a climate of cohesion and confidence
- Animates the teams involved in industrialization around ambitious goals and sets objectives to meet and improve industrialization KPIs
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT / INNOVATION
- Interacts with European workshops to share best practices of prototyping and solutions to technical problems
- Promotes the acquisition of know how in leather goods by fostering the product portfolio extension of the site
- Fosters initiative in order to improve our manufacturing processes, support quality improvements and increase product margin
- Facilitates the collaboration between California and Texas so that best practices benefit both entities and contribute to convergence and standardization
- Develops the network of tool suppliers and animates our vendors involved in new products on their level of service
- Maintains oversight and keeps abreast of all technological evolutions related to products and processes in coordination with the Technical Manager
- Participates in cross functional improvement projects (organizations, workflows, change management...), not necessarily new products-related
- Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience in project management and leather goods manufacturing (development and/or production) with direct exposure to team management
- Strong organizational skills and sense of urgency
- Able to motivate teams, navigate in a changing environment and lead change at the operational level
- Good teacher, passionate about transmitting the know-how and LV DNA on product and processes
- Able to build a network to facilitate cooperation, decision-making and anticipate changes
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients. Uses the information gained from customers to improve products and services. Maintains effective relationships with customers and gains the trust and respect.
- Computer skills: CAD notions, MS Project or equivalent, advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bilingual: English/ French is a must, Spanish is a plus
By joining Louis Vuitton US Manufacturing, you will receive a generous benefits package, including but not limited to medical coverage, retirement plan, life insurance, and employee discounts. In addition to working with some of the most talented and inspirational leaders within the luxury market you will also have an opportunity to attend industry renowned training and have access to unparalleled career opportunities both within Louis Vuitton and the LVMH Group.