The Supply Chain team plays a pivotal role and has accountability for the successful flow of stock within the business. You will be a conduit in conveying best in class Supply Chain representation in the Brand whilst being a key partner and collaborator with Merchandising, Production, our retail network and external partners globally.
- Ensure the financial budgets are reviewed and challenged at the right level, and find agreement on its translation to a product sales forecast
- In conjunction with Offer Management's merchandising plan, build the monthly and yearly flow of product through the business, with the aim to guarantee the sales, stock and production plans are always aligned through the season, through managing the forecast process on Core, the inventory targets and the intake plan
- Continuously define the stock policy by category in alignment with the Retail Planner's store profile strategy, reacting to the sales plan variability and achieving end of season sell-throughs
- Bring stock into the business in line with the above
- Deliver and proactively work on with collaborative positivity the integration of new ways of working in the new business model across functions particularly Merchandising, Design, Production, Retail and E-Commerce.
- Chair the monthly PIC/S&OP meetings to bring together the Finance, Merchandising and Production teams, and obtain sign-off on the stock and intake plans
- Build the product forecast at macro and micro levels, with special focus on Core products, and publish the forecast out to the team and the business
- Build the Wholesale sales plan with the Wholesale manager to protect our ability to fulfil wholesale business
- Regularly review the cover and safety stock targets in the business and in the warehouses to ensure we do not miss opportunities while keeping a lean stock position
- Work closely with the Retail Planner to ensure target store profiles are considered in the stock plan for existing products and new launches
- Plan throughput with the DC to ensure operations are never an obstacle to the business
- Balance the intake requirements, the stock strategy and our supplier's production capacities to manage intake of stock into the business on all merchandise. Consider the requests for in-season reordering are properly accounted for
- Own the critical path to launch from suppliers to stores, and work closely with the Merchandising, Production and Wholesale teams to plan for intake accordingly
- Raise and maintain the Purchase Orders in the system including dates, quantity and price. Ensure the information obtained by the Production team is always reflected in the system
- Manage closely our shirt supplier with weekly meetings to ensure ex-factory dates are always clear. Plan and provide POs in the new agreed ways of working
- Plan and manage our key raw materials when they are not being managed by the merchandise supplier, or when they are too sensitive to lose visibility of
- Communicate on launch achievability, stock-outs and overstocks, stock quality and age, and obtain arbitration from the Merchandising teams in case of inability to keep all products are required levels
- Be the key contact for freight forwarders to ensure inbound products are always visible and accounted for
- Significant experience in Supply Chain functions, mainly Demand Planning, Inventory management and Production Planning.
- Significant knowledge of forecasting, inventory management and production planning tools
- Thorough, demonstrative project management skills.
Competencies and skills
- Works collaboratively for the success of the wider team.
- An excellent communicator and influencer across all levels.
- Demonstrates passion and affinity for the Brand.
- Sees problems as learning experiences and brings solutions first.
- Client-centric mindset.
- Able to manage own emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or dealing with provocative situations.
- Able to balance priorities, identifying quick wins and the right thing to do.
- ‘Glass half full' ways of working.
- Ability to dive into IT systems and processes and build tools in and around the systems.
- Balancing day to day operations and strategic thinking.
- Significant excel expertise