MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
Within our Perfumes and Cosmetics SSC division based in East Brunswick, NJ, the Internal Control Director will ensure that the internal control environment of the company is aligned with the LVMH Group Internal Control framework, including but not limited to: key controls, policies and procedures, and guidelines. Having a deep expertise of all processes of the Company, a key objective of the position will be to partner with all departments to foster improvements and optimizations to elevate the efficiency of our current practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the internal control environment of the company and ensure that key controls are in place to protect the organization assets, the reliability of accounting and finance information and its compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Be a key partner in the SSC transformation to reach best standards of performance and services quality.
- Review and challenge current processes to foster higher efficiency within all business units and departments.
- Build/update the internal control plan for the year.
- Document and/or update internal control procedures and policies to ensure alignment with guidelines from the Maisons.
- Ensure that internal control procedures and policies are applied.
- Ensure that audit and internal control recommendations are followed, and that action plans are resolved as per the deadline defined in the report.
- Assess and document on a yearly basis the level of internal control of the company using the internal control tool ERICA.
- Provide management and departments with period report on compliance.
- Liaise with Corporate Offices Internal Controllers, as well as with other North America Internal Controllers to work collaboratively and implement synergies.
- In collaboration with the VIE, perform the audit of the boutiques.
- Assist the boutiques with their annual inventory count.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CFO.
- Bachelor's degree Finance/Audit; Master's degree or MBA preferred
- 8+ years of experience in audit, internal control, or accounting
- Excellent communication skills with a strong ability to partner in cross-functional environment
- Excellent written skills. Experience in written internal control policies and procedures.
- Solid knowledge of business processes, risk management, and information systems
- Ability to challenge business owners regardless of hierarchy
- Capable of managing multiple deadline with proven organizational skills
- Curious, positive, and dynamic mindset
- Proactive, autonomous and self-motivated
- Logical thinking, quick learner, action-oriented
- High level of integrity and trust is a must
- Fluent in English, and a second language (French) preferred