The Inventory & Internal Control Manager is responsible for defining and implementing processes that meet both internal control requirements as well as operational efficiency requirement for all brands within Fashion Group U.S. This person ensures integrity of assets and in particular inventories, and control stock management systems' accuracy, and provides support on operational topics as needed.
This position is based in New York. The 5 brands of the Fashion Group in the US represent approximately 50 retail locations, as well as an important volume of wholesale doors, and a growing E-commerce business.
- Question current operations from a risk analysis point of view and address opportunities of improvement
- Design processes and procedures at store or HQ level that meet the needs of the business and operational teams, within the generally agreed requirements of internal control, expected standards of efficiency, in compliance with regulations
- Document - using templates, memos and flowcharts - processes and procedures in collaboration with other departments involved
Implement & enforce
- Communicate and train teams on new/existing processes
- Promote corporate procedures and policies
- Define and monitor KPIs for risk measurement purpose
- Audit processes at various levels of the organization
- Escalate issues and propose further corrective actions
- Serve as liaison for regulatory agencies, internal Risk Management/ Loss Prevention department, and brands' Internal Control central teams
- Responsible for the insurance recovery, management of claims in coordination with LVMH INC
- Evaluate effectiveness of Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans. Ensure these plans are updated and properly communicated in the Organization
- Monthly retail KPIs reports
- Store audit reports
- Yearly ERICA internal control self-assessment
- Design inventory management processes at stores or HQ (samples) levels that meet the needs of the business as well as internal control requirements.
- Direct, train and manage the activities of inventory control personnel of stores and corporate office.
- Identify cause of issues and implement process improvements
- Monitor daily if needed, the accuracy of stock management systems' information
- Monitor month-end Retail in transit and store-to-store transfers clearing
- Monthly consignment tracking
- Review / investigate / confirm inventory discrepancies and report such impact to CFO & Financial Controller
- Plan and co-organize physical inventories - both cycle counts and full stock takes - with Logistic Department
- Credit cards chargebacks: monitor and address credit cards operators claims
- Act as project manager on projects: i.e. Concur implementation, Service Channel implementation, new payment terminals, etc.
- Monitoring of Concessions returns clearing
- Minimum 6-8 years of related experience (i.e. retail operations, internal/external auditing, and/or logistics)
- Demonstrated familiarity with month-end Accounting side-processes: stock reconciliation, sales audits
- Demonstrated awareness of a store's day-to-day challenges
- IS-savy, ideally experienced with analyzing financial flows, from an operational point of view as well as an information-systems angle
- Empathic, naturally showing ability to communicate and share analysis and conclusions in a clear rational way : understands interlocutor's concerns, and answer using the appropriate language at the adequate level of detail.
- At the crossroad of many fields - Retail, Logistics, IS, Finance - must show a great team player attitude