About This Opportunity
Loro Piana is looking for an Inventory Planner / MD Assistant.
Loro Piana is a leader in manufacturing and distribution of the finest quality textiles, ready to wear, accessories and custom made garments. Our focus has been the highest quality of our products and services, and we keep makeing effort and progress.
We are going through an exciting new challenge in the Japanese market today with the renewal of the brand image and positioning.
In this role, your mission is to assure the best overall stock distribution in your region, performing specific analysis on stock availability, sales trends and selling performances. You will check and monitor the service levels, rationalizes and optimizes the stock availability considering the right quantity and timing for each specific store, optimizing the balance between the logistic cost and the product availability.
Another important responsibility is to ensure the best business development by interfacing with Central Merchandising, Central Demand Planning, Buyers, Supply Chain and IT. You will also act as an assistant of the MD team and undertake key administrative tasks for the team.
Your Flexibility to adapt to environment and ability to simultaneously lead multiple tasks will add great value!
- In collaboration with the WW Demand & Inventory Planner, he/she monitors the right parameters input in the system and the proper assortment Matrix seasonal initialization and update, with the aim of ensuring the right stock distribution during the whole season.
- In close collaboration with the WW Central Demand Planner, he/she defines the Weeks of
- Coverage needed to reach the desired Service Level and to assure the goods availability during the complete selling season.
- Following the general guidelines of the Central Demand Planning, he/she defines the right Target
- Stock Level for each item in every store of his Region considering the specific selling performance and seasonality.
- He/she performs the daily replenishment activity for each item, following the Assortment Matrix of each store in order to reach and maintain the defined Target Stock Level.
- He/she takes care to perform the needed store transfers to optimize the stock distribution in his/her region taking into account the related costs and benefits.
- He/she keeps the Regional warehouse's and the stores' stock level under control and analyzes stock performances.
- He/she identifies and suggests to the Buying Team the stock rebalancing opportunities and
- Assortment Matrix updating, considering the stock availability and the selling performance of Top and Slow sellers.
- He/she allocates the right Initial Allocation for new openings and relocations, following the assignment made by buyers.
- He/she supports the stores for specific requests related to goods availability and distribution based on direction and input from buyers.
- He/she ensures consistency between stock and event plan by moving goods with appropriate actions based on direction from buyers.
- He/she liaises with production to update goods arrivals and Availability in the Regional WH, and keeps track of injection status.
- He/she manages the deliveries from the regional WH
- He/she coordinates and manages the carrier's activity
- He/she plans, together and directly with the stores, the weekly goods deliveries
- Reporting: Create and send out various reports (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Daicho creation: twice a year, create and send out Daicho to stores
- Other daily support to the MD team include:
- Receive/send goods including repair items, damaged items
- Support in organization of PK trainings and events (bookings, sending of samples and goods, etc.)
- Administrative / input handling of documents including QTEC check, expenses, etc.
- Ad-hoc requests from the buyers
- Fluent both in Japanese and English (knowledge of another language is a plus)
- Experience in similar role matured within Retail contexts, with a background in inventory management
- and distribution
- Decision-making autonomy in extremely dynamic contexts
- Good analytical ability in relation with the improvement of the managed processes
- Passion and high motivation for Loro Piana brand and products
- Good organization and planning skills
- Good computing skills and ability to work effectively with Microsoft Office, Information systems anddata analysis software tools
About Loro Piana
Since founded in 1924 in Italy, Loro Piana has been working with the best raw materials available on earth for six generations. We are always trying to find new ways to get the utmost quality for fabrics and garments that can last more than a lifetime.
We control every stage of production for the utmost quality, from the collection of the natural fibres, right down to the delivery of the finished products to retailers.
We believe that "luxury is quality with no compromise. It's not the price, but the innate value of something."
The Finest materials:
Also know as "fiber of the gods" because it is the rarest, finest animal fibre in the world, comes from a small Andean camelid. Vicuna were being designated as an endangered spicies because they had been poached by people who were attracted by this beautiful fiber. In 2008, Loro piana established the "Reserva Dr. Franco Loro Piana", Peru's first private nature reserve. In just five years the number of animals in the reserve has doubled, confirming the significance of Loro Piana's contribution to saving this precious animal from extinction. Today Loro Piana is the world's number one processor of vicuña, the finest fibre that can be legally obtained from an adult animal. Once spun and woven, the vicuña is entirely crafted in Italy.
"The Gift of Kings"
Wool, the oldest natural fibre known to man, has been taken to an exceptional level of fineness and quality. Measuring only 12 microns, this wool is finer than cashmere, as light as vicuña and only available in extremely limited quantities: around 2,000 kilos a year compared to the 500 million kilos of fibre auctioned annually in Australia and New Zealand, home to the world's best wool.
"World Record Bale"
Loro Piana acquires the world's finest wool.
The record-breaking wool is an incredible 10.3 microns fine.
Every year Loro Piana purchases the finest bales of wool from Australia and New Zealand to create exclusive fabrics.
The record bale represents the very finest merino wool and is used by loro Piana to exclusively create 40 bespoke suits.
You can check an article of Loro Piana by Mr. Kamba, the chief editor of "FORZA STYLE".
Please click here for more details.