Job Title: IS Application Manager
Company: LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton Inc.
Location: 19 East 57th St New York, NY USA
LVMH Inc. is a holding company, headquartered in New York City, which provides corporate services to its affiliates in the U.S. It is 100% controlled by LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the worldwide leader in luxury goods. LVMH Inc. manages over 25 legal entities and provides IT support for brands within the region.
MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Manager is responsible for all business applications (strategic planning, project phases and support), serving as a liaison between the local IT department, business departments and central IT groups.
The Manager acts as a Project Manager in collaboration with business departments including Finance, Tax, HR, and Ethics & Compliance to collect, analyze, and document business requirements; deliver solutions; and train users to achieve business goals. The Manager must gain the trust and respect of his/her business users. The Manager is responsible for, and deeply knowledgeable of, the various technologies/software/solution employed including how different systems interoperate.
The Manager is also contributing to reinforce the partnership with the Digital Group team on regional initiatives to accelerate and support standardization and adoption of the LVMH solutions.
The Manager acts under the direct supervision of the CTO, and will work collaboratively with other members of the IT Department at central HQ in Paris and across various departments and teams based in the New York. The role may involve the collaboration and management of external providers on services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for planning the local application roadmap, including local and global initiatives
- Ensure local initiatives are in alignment with global strategic direction and roadmap
- Partner with central counterpart to define any new initiatives; act as an internal consultant by partnering with department heads and business key users to define project scope and requirements
- Act as key point of contact for business teams in relation to business applications
- Act as subject matter expert regarding all business applications
- Leader to the application management planning by incorporating user experiences and best practices to propose future enhancements
- Define and apply the security policy related to the business applications
- Create and maintain the overall project plan for new business project requests
- Coordinate/follow-up on project tasks across business users, local IT department and central IT groups in France
- Provide management status reporting, including communication to Executive team and central IT groups
- Prepare User Acceptance Testing (UAT) scenarios with the business; organize and coordinate UAT to ensure all scenarios are conducted and results properly documented; Ensures test strategies involve appropriate integration and process components
- Define roll out, training and key users support plans
- Creating/reviewing manuals, procedures, and related user documentation; ensuring documentation is targeted to the appropriate audience
Problem Solving & Customer Support
- Owns monitoring and production support for all business applications in liaison with the applications teams in France
- Actively works for the resolution/prevention on process/application incidents and problems
- Keeps business key users informed of incidents, problems and resolutions
- Conduct frequent touch points with department heads or key users to ensure business teams are satisfied with the level of service
*This is not inclusive of all responsibilities and duties and may be changed by Management at any time.
PRINCIPAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
Prioritize by: (1) fully proficient; (2) some knowledge with ability to develop competency and (3) preferred but not required.
- 5 to 8 years minimum experience in a similar capacity (1)
- Master/College degree, preferably in information technology or Business Administration discipline (1)
- Experience in IT Finance & Controlling, Business Intelligence projects (support to FP&A function), IT Digital, HR Information Systems, Web Intranet portals, Systems Integration (interfaces), Digital Workplace tools (1)
- Proven success as business analyst; demonstrates ability to understand and anticipate business needs (1)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. The position requires efficient communication with multiple stakeholders. (1)
- Ability to perform with minimum supervision (1)
- Ability to engage effectively with executive-level management within both IT and business (1)
- Superior project management skills and proven ability to meet milestones and delivery dates (1)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills (1)
- At ease in a fast paced environment, capable of adapting to changing needs (2)
- Comfortable challenging business when necessary in order to clearly define/refine needs (2)
- Effective negotiation skills (2)
- Prior experience in a consulting role (3)
- Language: French proficiency is a plus (3)
- Business software: ERP Finance (SAP), HR systems, Expense Management System (Concur), Electronic Signature (DocuSign), RPA software (UI Path)
- Business Intelligence: Microsoft PowerBi, Azure BI architecture
- Digital Workplace: Office 365, Sharepoint, various intranet/web portal technologies
- Identity Management Platforms (Okta, Salepoint)
- Understanding of software design and development in API/Web/Mobile digital era (Lean/Agile preferred)
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE - REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Business: CFO, VP Controlling, Digital VP, Finance managers, HR SVP and managers, Legal SVP and managers, Tax VP and managers, Ethics & Compliance SVP and managers
IS&T: CIO, Heads of business application domains, application experts and project managers
Report to: VP CTO
Software vendors, integration and consultant partners located in the US and France