DFS is embarking on transforming its retail stores into smart stores that leverage technology to improve customers experience, drive sales and conversion.
The ideal candidate that DFS is looking for, would be fresh, energetic, technology savvy with a "can do" spirit and work closely with the IT Store Operations & Infrastructure Teams in transforming IT support to DFS stores across the world. Quick learner of various store business functions and operations, great interpersonal relationship skills with the business users and management, understand what works and what doesn't, work with global IT team(s) to recommend appropriate alternatives or solutions.
At DFS we believe in developing our best IT Retail talent by providing them with opportunities to rotate to other IT Technology areas, to hone their skills and development into a holistic IT Retail specialist or expert. As such, the successful candidate will spend the first 3 years in IT support function of the store, participate and be involved in the deployment of new POS and smart store technologies (i.e., high density WiFi, beacons, etc.) After which the candidate will be rotated to IT Infrastructure or IT Store System teams.
- Work closely with Front Office Systems and Infrastructure, participating in the design on new IT Services or products on what works and what doesn't so that respective teams can refine their products and services offerings.
- Work closely with respective application, project team(s) and cloud managed service provider to support store IT operations.
- Ensure all store IT technical procedures (Installation, Configuration, Run books) are documented, updated and contribute to the maintenance of operational standards.
- Where appropriate be the LBS change representative in Change Advisory Boards or Release Control Boards meetings. Able to explain and coordinate store related IT changes.
- Proactively address the operational issues for all customer facing as well as any back-office applications access by the store personnel.
- Resource Management such as vendor, contracts, and budget management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science,
- Computer Engineering or related field
- At least 2 to 3 years' experience in IT Retail environment or a Technology company managed service provider
- Microsoft Certified Engineer (MSCE)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong project and people management skills