PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Financial controlling responsibility for one of the brands within the portfolio of LVMH Parfumes&Cosmetics UK & Ireland.
- Direct support to the General Manager of the brand, in all financial aspects including monthly management reporting, budgets, and all ad-hoc finance analysis.
- Be a key business partner of the brand by providing insightful reports and analysis to support decision making and by challenging the brand when needed using smart benchmark & market analysis.
- Identify business risks & opportunities and alert or give constructive advice to business managers
- Drive cost optimization initiatives and processes' improvement
- Insure LVMH Group rules' compliance and appropriate usage of Company's assets
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Strong interaction with the Teams of the Brand (Sales, Marketing, Retail, Training, PR, HR) .
- Direct support to the UK Brand General Manager.
- Strong interaction with the international and Regional Headquarter teams.
- Participate in weekly management meetings.
Budget & Strategic Plan
- Pro-actively prepare and manage budget planning and review process, in line with parent company requirements and timetable.
- Preparation of Landings and Monthly Sales forecast.
- Co-ordinate all operations teams input to Budget
- Review and challenge all elements of the Budget
- Prepare Financial Budget Book, and analysis such as Source of change, and financial elements of the Budget presentation.
- Preparation of the 3 year plan in accordance with business strategy and company objectives.
- Prepare monthly reporting for parent company (P&L, B/S).
- Prepare monthly management reporting with executive summary for all relevant department heads.
- Provide detailed monthly analysis of sales and forecast
- Provide detailed monthly analysis of cost & analysis of main variances
- Work with the Accounting team, such as a review of "parked outstanding invoices", review of outstanding Purchase orders, underpayments, participate to the analytical allocation of invoices and etc.
- Analyse the overall delivery of Company financial targets on a regular basis and report back to the business with recommendations as necessary.
- Support the Sales and Marketing team in monitoring expenditure and evaluate profitability of promotions and other initiatives.
- Analysis of profitability by customer, by door, by commercial action and product lines, and sales productivity in accordance with Brand management needs.
- Assist the management team in ad-hoc business and finance control projects.
Internal Control, External Audit and IT
- Participate in the implementation of Finance/IT projects for the controlling functions.
- Implement new internal procedures as necessary
- Participate to the respect of internal control rules and processes in place.
- Provide any help required in relation with the annual external audit and any internal audits.
- Autonomous, organized
- Self-motivated with a "can do" attitude
- Analytical mind
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to the changing environment and business needs
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience with an ERP (SAP a plus)
- At least 4-5 years of experience in a similar role within international group
- Solid accounting knowledge
- Interest in beauty & retail
- Fluent English / French a plus
- Communication skills