The position is based in Rome. The candidate will manage multiple design briefs through creative and innovative techniques and will develop the design of the product that will become a prototype for production. She/he will manage projects from concept to production. The ideal Junior Knitwear Designer is experienced and has an eye for trend and the ability to create original saleable products.
- Collaborate with Senior Designer, researching to create new knit concepts both experimental and commercial for review with Design team through mood-boards and presentations;
- Complete trend research, select materials, develop style sketches with stitch/color renders, hand sketching and also draping when needed;
- Attend fittings and maintain product notes for garment proto stage of development;
- Prepare materials and inspirational mood boards for meetings and products presentations;
- Manage relationships with internal departments and external suppliers;
- Archive and catalogue all materials and color charts using relevant software.
The successful candidate is passionate about design and fashion industry. She/he will have the following attributes:
- Fashion Design Studies;
- 2-3 years of relevant working experience as Knitwear Designer within the luxury industry;
- Excellent freehand drawing/ sketching skills;
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) and good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Team Player and Proactive;
- Fluent in Italian and English.