PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To accelerate Guerlain's growth in the Department Stores and Flagships for UK& Ireland across the 3 axes: Fragrances, Skincare and Makeup.
- To define and lead Guerlain strategy per account in conjunction with the Head of Sales, Retail and Marketing teams, in line with the brand image and priorities.
- Preparing and utilising business analytics to build robust commercial plans and seize any opportunity to increase both Sell-in and Sell-out and improve brand space/location and Image for the designated set of accounts.
- To ensure accuracy on the commercial financial reporting.
- To build strong relationships with Retailers, having a wealth of knowledge of the accounts to ensure the development of the business and maximum return on investment.
- Define and implement retailers' strategy including trade marketing and field plans, focusing on adequate activities for each of the accounts.
- Prepare and review retail and wholesale targets for all designated accounts with the Head of Sales.
- Establish and monitor budget investments, trading terms and conditions, stock returns and markdowns to drive the business and ensure profitability per account.
- Develop, prepare & analyse weekly and monthly trackers and proactively recommend action plans for the following areas: Sell In (Gross Sales), Sell Out and Stock Management for all accounts.
- Lead forecast meetings with Marketing team by reviewing stock intake plan, sell-in, sell-out and sell-through per account.
- Prepare/co-ordinate and present sales strategy documents, business reviews and presentations for company strategy meetings, retailers' strategy meetings and internal catch ups.
- Be the key point of contact for the field team ensuring the flow of information between head office, customer and field by provide relevant and concrete briefs to implement different actions to drive business.
- Work closely with the Retail Director to optimise sell-out strategy for key launches and events, including in-store activation, temporary staffing and consultant incentives.
- Act as the main point of contact and establish key relationships with all retailers' headquarters and retail teams in Guerlain counter doors.
- Set up and drive cross-functional interaction between retailer and Guerlain team.
- Work closely with Finance and Supply teams to ensure underpayments and returns are cleared every monthly and all internal trackers are completed on time.
- Build a peer network across other LVMH brands.
POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
Reports To: Head of Sales
Direct Reports: None
Internal: Senior Management team, Marketing team, Merchandising team, Training team, Finance team, Retail team, Customer services team.
External: Designated Retailers, Buying teams, Merchandising teams, Logistics teams, Store management
Key Leadership / Managerial skills:
- Team player
- Customer and relationship focused
- Managing vision and purpose
- Ability to be both proactive and reactive
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
- Business school graduate
- Analytical ability and numeracy / attention to detail
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills internally and externally
- Good communicator / Articulate
- Creative and innovative / Ability to think outside the box
- Proven ability to manage multiple deadlines & priorities in an organized manner / Able to work under pressure
- Competent IT skills (Excel & PowerPoint + Database & reporting knowledge)
- Be familiar with UK&Ireland Department stores and Flagships
- Fluent in English (French a plus)
- Proven ability to manage multiple deadlines & priorities in an organized manner.
- Graduate calibre
- 3-5+ years relevant sales' experience within Luxury/FMCG retail industries (preferably Beauty industry)
- Experience in Account/Executive or Account Management
- Experience of UK retail market place
- Personal affinity with Brands and products
- Cross functional experience is an asset but not essential
- Experience of producing trade marketing plans desirable