The Manager, Learning and Development is a core position supporting the vision of Global Learning and Development (L&D). The position resides within a business unit, location or function with a mandate to strengthen and grow that organization's L&D culture and talent pool. The successful candidate will manage a portfolio of L&D programs, consult on the design and development of new services and conduct an annual assessment of learning needs for their area of responsibility.
The Manager, Learning and Development will work collaboratively with senior managers of Operations and Human Resources. He/she will also work with Global L&D colleagues as well as business partners and vendors to identify, create and deliver performance support tools, e-learning, blended training and classroom solutions. In all activities, the Manager, Learning and Development is responsible for insuring alignment with business priorities, practices and policies.
- Assess L&D needs for an area of responsibility (i.e. one business unit, geography or function) through job analysis & learning needs assessments, and regular consultation with business partners
- Translate the assessments into well-written L&D strategy documents
- Plan and deliver L&D programs across multiple business units, geographies or functions
- Promote a culture of collaborative learning and knowledge sharing
- Develop clear goals and participate in both individual and team performance reviews; Measure the impact of all L&D programs and services in relationship to key business priorities
- Contribute to the progressive development of the Global L&D strategy
- Manage learning projects on time and on budget
- Partner in the development, implementation and delivery of all DFS University training to insure optimal performance
- Serve as an L&D "champion" within their area of responsibility
- Identify, share and apply best-in-class approaches aligned with the evolving business capabilities
- Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions
- 5+ years, preferably including program management, instructional design or training management with relevant L&D technical experience
- Computer proficiency, training in video development or animation tools for user generated content