Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of DFS Inventory Systems. Effectively manage and control the logistic of DFS productions.
To ensure that logistic management, service standards, inventory and properties are within policy, procedural and budgetary guidelines. To familiarize with company objectives, Distribution center functions and contributes to ensure achievement of these.
Key contact for partner's Operations and relevant government departments, such as the customs, CIQ etc. To continually look for procedural enhancements that will improve throughput, efficiency and productivity in the DC. Ensure all merchandise is accurately checked, SKU'ed and labelled correctly against appropriate paperwork and achieve department and operation daily level of service standards, without compromising on performance standards and within budget commitments.
- Fully knowledgeable in local related customs & logistic laws and regulation and and ensures total compliance in line with company policies and procedures.
- Implements procedures and controls to assure the accuracy of all DFS Inventory Reporting Systems within the department control. Provides accounting systems control and develop new systems where applicable.
- Reviews reports for accuracy prior to distribution to Corporate office and senior management.
- Ensures account reconciliation of all General Ledger accounts related to inventory are done timely and accurately.
- Increases the ability of inventory control, reconcile physical inventories, perform cycle counts and assure the accuracy of MCS. This includes receipt booking adjustments, monitoring in transit receipt acknowledgment discrepancies, Return-To-Vendor/ damaged goods/lost and stolen merchandise write-offs and SKU-to-SKU transfers.
- Organizes and sets priorities for department responsibilities in conjunction with department goals and objectives.
- Oversees the scheduling and management of the physical inventory process, including the relationship with RGIS or other outside services, or purchase, rental or lease of scanning devices.
- Develops and implements new ideas and training programs to improve productivity for department and region in inventory control.
- To work closely with the merchandising and partner's operations team on a daily basis to ensure accuracy and efficiency of logistic & inventory control aspects.
Other Job Functions or Accountabilities:
- Performs other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other senior management as required. Overtime and travel is necessary.
- Proficient at planning, implementation, reconciliation and reporting of all Merchant Common Systems and or other inventory control related projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field; or at least 5 years of related work experience in lieu of degree.
- 5 years Accounting, Finance or Inventory Management experience required.
- Managerial experience in a retail environment is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge with Merchant Common System (MCS) preferred
- Solid knowledge on local customs & logistic laws and regulations
- Valid driver's license
- Strong Microsoft based applications - Word and Excel required, Access knowledge preferred.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Leadership skills and willing to make decisions
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work capably under pressure and react positively to operation and people oriented situations
- Work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Must be able to work well with other personnel at various levels and be team-oriented