The role of the Logistics Manager is to manage the entire Logistics Network under the principles of Service Excellence, Continuous Process Improvement and Cost efficiency. The position will be responsible for the development of the Logistics team and the evolution of the organization to guarantee that our Logistics throughput meets the growth requirements of the business.
Specially important is to design and maintain the standards of our Logistics Process Model under the concepts of: Simplicity, Flexibility and Scalability.
Main areas of responsibility :
- As Group Logistic Manager:
- Drive the definition & implementation of the global Logistic Strategy
- Responsible for the design of Loewe´s Global Logistics network to enable a multichannel fulfilment experience in the mareketplace.
- Drives the approach (PDCA) to improve service performance, Inventory and cost optimization across the Global betwork.
- Functionally manage the Logistics Planning and Distribution activity worldwide
- Manages 3PL partners
- Continuously research the market and organize tenders when necessary in order to acquire the required capacity and capability to implement Loewe's Logistics strategy
- Defines Service KPIs across the network and Performance Management processes to guarantee quality standards internally and across 3PL partners.
- Creates long term partnerships with selected 3PLs based on incentives to continuously improve performance and maintain our technical capability up to date with the latest available in the market..
- Responsible for reporting on the performance of the Logistics Network on Service levels, Inventory utilization and cost budget control.
- Represent directly or delegating in the team the Logistics function in cross-functional projects and capability building efforts.
- Create a network with other Logistics Manager inside & outside LVMH group in order to exchange best practices.
- As Distribution Center Manager:
- Manages Operations within the DC:
- Set a clear throughput vs capacity planning process
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly status updates by subprocess and end to end to provide clarity around performance vs plan.
- Coordinate the work on the DC floor to create flow and maximize throughput
- Optimize the operations of the site
- Analyse warehouse activity data and suggest evolutions, taking into account the imperatives of deadlines, productivity, cost, quality and safety
- Organize the physical location of storage areas and flow management to optimize capacity.
- Implement Process Improvement Methodology to embed a continuous improvement culture in the Logistics function. Proactive cost control management.
- Manage Human Resources of the site
- Coach, train, recruit, hire and support staff.
- Develop the team skills to be effective and to be focused on the Business needs.
- Participates in negotiations with the Work Council to ensure the stability and social climate of the company or work center, directing and guiding monthly meetings as well as channelling extraordinary meetings focused on daily work within HR guidance and support.
- Actively participate in the improvement of the Integrated Quality, Prevention and Environment Management System.
- Bachelor's degree in business, logistics, operations engineering, supply chain management or similar degree areas.
-English (mandatory) / French (nice to have)
-7 to 10 years of experience working in the logistics field
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) software
-Safety and Security training (nice to have)
- Creative thinking skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations
- Ability to adapt within the working environment.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Good communication and representative skills.
- Positive attitude to continued learning.
- Negotiation and analytical skills