LVUSM in Alvarado, TX is seeking an energetic and innovative leader in the role of Maintenance and Process Manager (Technical Manager) who would be responsible for supervising the Maintenance teams and Process Engineers / Technicians in charge of implementing and improving standard manufacturing processes and flows for new and existing products (leather goods).
The Maintenance and Process Manager interacts in a cross functional way with other departments involved in the launch of new products and improvement / duplication of existing lines and manages a team of maintenance supervisor(s) and process engineers. He (she) ensures that his team is constantly striving to maintain business continuity in production, thanks to World Class Maintenance standards, and meet the deadlines of machines and line implementation to support our capacity plan for new / existing products and protect our service rate to our Clients.
Part of his (her) scope of responsibility is also to put in place all required machinery settings aiming at avoiding customer returns related to quality issues due to critical processes.
In coordination with the Headquarters in France and according to LV Global EHS guidelines, the Maintenance and Process Manager ensures the compliance of our machines and manufacturing processes with all safety, ergonomics and environmental LV requirements and local regulations. He (she) also promotes technological breakthroughs to improve productivity, increase safety and/or reduce ergonomics risks.
MAINTENANCE, MANUFACTURING PROCESSES, NEW PRODUCTS INDUSTRIALIZATION
- Oversees Maintenance and Manufacturing Process Implementation activities
- Ensures timely resource allocation (mechanics, process engineers, machines) and support in general to the industrialization of new products and continuous improvement of existing products and lines
- Is the guarantor of the strict observance of all standards related to machineries and manufacturing processes regarding safety, quality assurance policy and ergonomics
- Promotes the deployment of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) standards to maximize machine yield in production
- Ensures that our buildings are well maintained and comply will all OSHA requirements and local regulations
- Develops in his team the awareness that all machines and processes must be implemented in a cost-effective way with a good balance between redundancy (training purpose, flow, rotation of the artisans in the lines...) and machine pooling opportunities if quick change overs are feasible
BUDGET AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Conducts regular audits of our assets to check any discrepancy between physical inventory, data in our CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) and information in our ERP for proper amortization and inventory tracking
- Is involved, in coordination with LVUSM Technical Manager, in the construction of the investment budget
- Is responsible for all maintenance related expenses (spare parts, consumables...) and strives for budget optimization
- Allocates projects to the Technical Team, based on individual load and priorities
- Ensures constant communication with Production and Development and other cross-functional teams to create and promote a climate of cohesion and confidence
- Animates the teams involved in Maintenance and Process around ambitious goals and sets objectives to constantly improve the level of service
- Manages the development of direct report competencies, hard and soft skills
- Supports with his team the development of technical know-how in production to bring greater autonomy in level 1 troubleshooting, machine settings and maintenance
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT / INNOVATION
- Interacts with European workshops to share best practices in the technical field (maintenance system, process improvement...)
- Promotes the acquisition of technical know-how by fostering benchmarks with other facilities and requesting support from internal experts and vendors
- Fosters initiative in order to improve our manufacturing processes, support quality improvements, increase productivity, reinforce safety and ergonomics
- Facilitates the collaboration between California and Texas so that best practices benefit both entities and contribute to convergence and standardization
- Animates our vendors involved in machine and small equipment supply on their level of service
- Participates in cross-functional improvement projects (organizations, workflows, change management)
- Maintains oversight and keeps abreast of all technological evolutions related to processes in coordination with the Technical Manager, leading potentially to the implementation of disruptive technology serving production and logistics
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with an emphasis in Industrial Manufacturing or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of management experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong organizational skills and sense of urgency
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills
- Able to motivate teams, navigate in a changing environment and lead change at the operational level
- Able to build a network to facilitate cooperation, decision-making and anticipate changes
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients. Uses the information gained from customers to improve services and work environment. Maintains effective relationships with customers and gains the trust and respect.
- Able to create a climate in which people want to do their best. Able to work as a team player and lead a team. Is someone who people like working for and with.
- Constantly and consistently one of the top performers. Solution oriented. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Passion for innovation, creativity, continuous improvement (manufacturing processes, organizations and workflows)
- Visionary, management of transversal projects and organizational changes
- Computer skills: CAD notions, MS Project or equivalent, advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bilingual: English, Spanish is a big plus to interact with artisans and mechanics in production and maintenance
By joining Louis Vuitton US Manufacturing, you will receive a generous benefits package, including but not limited to medical coverage, retirement plan, life insurance, and employee discounts. In addition to working with some of the most talented and inspirational leaders within the luxury market you will also have an opportunity to attend industry renowned training and have access to unparalleled career opportunities both within Louis Vuitton and the LVMH Group.