- Maintains functional knowledge of all production equipment operation.
- Responsible for performing production line changeovers and adjustments in a timely manner.
- Understands and can troubleshoot electrical schematics, PLC programming and electrical controls.
- Responsible for troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems.
- Conduct fabrication of replacement parts with a lathe and milling machine or welder.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work area, including proper care and storage of tools.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM's) on all production equipment as directed by work orders.
- Responsible for disassembling machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs. Conducts testing on repaired machinery to verify adequacy of repairs.
- Responsible for examination of parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Complies with all safety requirements, company policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements to maintain a safe working environment.
- Conduct plumbing, lighting and electrical repairs as needed.
- Responsible for performing carpentry work as needed.
- Conduct maintenance and repair of facility HVAC equipment.
- Perform general building maintenance such as painting and basic repairs.
- Create drawings and material lists for projects.
- Responsible for performing basic welding to repair equipment and appliances as needed.
- Responsible for testing and maintaining process wastewater and fresh water systems.
- Responsible for maintaining chemicals in approved containers, report any spills and clean up if approved.
Professional experience & know how:
- 3 to 5 years in Wine, Food or Soft Drink manufacturing maintenance skills
- Experience in electrical, plumbing, welding and general building maintenance.
Technical & management skills:
- Electrical and mechanical skills
- PLC programming
- Read and understand schematics
- General machine shop skills
Personal & interpersonal skills:
- Ability to work as a team leader on some projects and as team member on others
- Must be self-motivated and able to recognize items that need improvement.
- Demonstrate commitment and responsibility.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Ability to adopt to quick changes in work flow.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes all fruitful sources for answers. Can see hidden problems. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answer.
Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important. Can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal. Eliminates roadblocks, creates focus.
Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions. Comes up with new and unique ideas.
Dealing with Ambiguity:
Can decide and act without having the total picture. Can effectively cope with change. Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Managing Vision and Purpose:
Aligns with the leader; challenges when appropriate. Can inspire and motivate co-workers. Talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic.