Under the supervision of the Technical Manager, with a high level of autonomy, the Maintenance Supervisor is to assume responsibility for facility maintenance, machinery, planning, scheduling, directing and supervising the activities of maintenance mechanics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defines a vision along with the Leadership Team and provide solutions/action plans to upgrade or replace equipment in compliance with our Health and Safety policy
- Partners with plant management in defining investment strategy to comply with current production needs, innovation, and improved productivity and quality expectations
- Provides leadership, supervision, training, coaching, and performance evaluations to a team of maintenance mechanics
- Oversees the proper maintenance of equipment and facilities for a 130,000sq ft. building and ensures the reliable operation of plant equipment
- Maintains the facility which includes, but is not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, housekeeping and the safety of associates
- Works cross functionally with all levels of the organization and departments to support new product development projects and daily operations
- Coaches and develops workshop personnel with continuous improvement methodologies to trouble-shoot processes and equipment
- Develops, implements, and monitors a Preventative Maintenance Program to maximize equipment life and operational efficiency according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Creates and maintains databases for vendors, supplies, and parts inventory
- Monitors cost effective management of parts' inventory
- Prepares monthly & weekly maintenance reports.
- Elaborates on strategies and partnerships to reduce maintenance expenses
- Partners with contract vendors and contractors to obtain the best level of service for the organization
- Participates in improvement and transversal projects within the company as dictated by business needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineering preferred or related equivalent experience
- 8-15 years' experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably managing maintenance, process, and production
- Planning, problem solving, project management experience and the ability to lead and influence by example
- Knowledge and management of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks delegate and follow up
- Ability to support a vision and empower a team/organization
- Strong relationship management and customer service oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and continually changing environment
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required, French is a plus to interact with European Technical community
Louis Vuitton is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.