The Dior Boutique Makeup Artist represents the image, products, and culture of the Dior brand to retail clients. Responsibilities include the achievement of retail sales goals by providing superior customer service through artistic abilities and developing client relationships to build repeat sales and brand loyalty.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide full range professional, attentive, and consistent customer service at all times, including greeting clients, investigating needs of clients, offering product information, and making service recommendations.
- Book appointments for clients and build loyal clientele for the Boutique through maintenance of the client registration program.
- Confirm all client appointments prior to date and time.
- Make the client experience in the Boutique interactive through asking questions and investigating client preferences.
- Provide consultation to customers of appropriate services, products and/or colors to meet and exceed clients' needs.
- Answer and respond to customer requests regarding Dior and its product lines.
- Listen to clients to achieve their desired look through the well-executed and timely application of makeup. Sample products as applicable.
- Thank clients upon closing sales and encourage clients to book future appointments at the Boutique.
- Resolve customer issues or questions by telephone or letter; including research and preparation of reply correspondence.
- Achieve individual and Boutique retail sales plan goal or annual productivity goals while tracking productivity.
- Maintain and obtain clients for the Boutique through the client registration program.
- Participate actively in Boutique training sessions to keep informed about products, the Dior brand, and store information.
- Execute in-store events, new product launches, theme days, etc.
- Complete assigned projects such as counting expiration dates, batch codes on products, compiling information on transfers, RTV's, and inventory counts.
- Adhere to proper security procedures regarding handling of cash and assets.
Maintaining Boutique Environment & Inventory
- Be responsible for boutique environment (display units, tools, etc.) and products (including testers) being cleaned, well-organized, and well-presented at all times.
- Adhere to all policies and practices of the boutique, maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Clean or replace any broken or damaged products.
- Maintain proper placement and condition of merchandise and testers on counter, in stock room and maintained areas.
- Assist in stocking of all counter supplies and inventory on a daily basis and/or as required.
- Assist in merchandising and re-stocking all products on the floor in showcases and cabinets every morning and as needed throughout the day.
- Communicate low on stock and out of stocks to Boutique Manager, assisting in the proper rotation of stock.
- Arrange for product transfer from other counters if customer requests a product currently unavailable at Boutique.
- Inform management of any Boutique maintenance or Health and Safety issues.
- Assist with special projects and miscellaneous duties as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Follow and provide the example of Dior policies regarding customer service expectations, image and dress code requirements, and professional standards.
Qualifications & Skills REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent/College Preferred
- 5+ years of prestige beauty sales and makeup artistry experience
- Ability to manage effectively customer expectations and build loyal customer relationships
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- CRT experience and aptitude in learning how to access computer based inventory and order status detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite