Management Reporting/ Controlling:
- Ensuring weekly and monthly reporting is produced in an accurate and timely manner
- Liaising and challenging the Financial team to ensure robust and accurate monthly reporting
- Analysing, questioning, and assisting in validation of the management reports
- Provide relevant, timely, accurate and easily understood financial information to support the key responsibility areas in head office: Analysis vs Budget, and forecast for each department; Monitoring of operational budgets; Monitoring and strong analysis of margins and key drivers in delivering product category objectives: Analysis of capital expenditure against investment targets; Preparation of key commentary for shareholder reporting; Adhoc cost analysis.
- Maintain a monthly Capital Expenditure monitoring tool, ensuring that regular updates on future investment projects are communicated to the business.
- Prepare and publish IFRS management accounts (P&L and Balance Sheet) monthly
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of initial and revised financial forecasts and report variances
- Review the budgets with each Director monthly to ensure variances versus actual are controlled and explained
- Prepare Cash Flow forecasts & make loan proposals to CEO if need be
Planning (preparation and reporting of P&L, Balance sheet and Cash flow to the HQ in Paris - Budgets, Forecasts and Strategic plans)
- Contribute to the Global planning process to ensure timely and accurate reporting to the Group.
- Financial business partner to the various areas of responsibility, to ensure consistency to the global strategies.
- Ensure that the Capital expenditure of the global business is kept within the budget framework:
- For every planning cycle work with each area of the business to have a clear understanding of the risks
- Clearly communicate all potential overspends to the management team.
- Partner with each head of department to: Track projects; Improve levels of investment; Benchmark the various investment projects
- Work with the Head office teams (budget holders, directors), as well as the regional markets to drive cost efficiencies
- Ensure best business practise is being implemented around the various responsibility areas and internal processes are robust
- Inventory and stock's check management (work closely with logistic teams to achieve that)
- Participation in various cross business decisions, and ensure a strong commercial finance presence.
- Work closely with Financial Accountant and Operations Manager to ensure internal control policies and procedures are in place
- Work on finance processes and procedures to be in line with LVMH internal control expectations (example: put in place a T&E procedure, work on LVMH Process Erica if relevant...)
- Initiate and propose ways to improve internal control
- Communicate the internal control culture widely to other departments
Ad hoc Analysis & Business Strategy
- Provide a strong trusted financial partnership supporting all area of the business and ensuring achievement of HQ targets, by first securing the numbers, and then using your knowledge of the business to improve existing practices, and challenge the status quo.
Education and experience:
- 5 years' experience in a similar role. Familiarity with the Fashion industry & retail business is a plus
- Finance Degree, Master Finance 1 or 2, DESCF, CIMA or Newly qualified ACCA candidate
- Software: Advanced Excel, good knowledge of Power Point, Experience with corporate ERP (JDE) and reporting systems (Syrus) is a real plus
- Fluency in English. French and/or Spanish is a plus.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously
- High level of detail orientation as well as strong analytical and accounting skills
- Good communication, autonomous, rigorous, pro-active, committed to quality
- Precision, strong commitment and high energy
- Ability to work collaboratively and under pressure
- Ability to deal with different deadlines, ad-hoc requests and prioritize workload.