Under the supervision of Senior Management Controller, to deliver the Financial reporting, controlling & planning functions of a retail brand operating in the UK. To offer the business partnering and local support, the Maison requires to support the retail presence in the UK.
FINANCIAL REPORTING, CONTROLLING & PLANNING
Prepare and publish IFRS management accounts (P&L and Balance Sheet) on a monthly basis
- Review actual OPEX and prepare journals for accruals
- Prepare Stock and Purchases reconciliations
- Challenge with accounting and adjust any issue.
- Review of the monthly package for each brand including balance sheet reports
- Report in Syrus, the group consolidating tool.
- Explain any variances between budget / current forecast and actuals to Head Office monthly
Prepare budgets and forecasts for the brands in accordance with their deadlines:
- Retrieve information from the HQ
- Coordinate internally
- Build top to bottom forecast, modelling margin, IFRS 16 entries and any other key elements of the P&L
- Build balance sheet forecast and cash flow where required.
- Explain of variances between budget and actuals to Head Office monthly
- Develop standardised reports including sales, discount analysis etc
- Provide financial analysis as needed (Sales, Stock, Margin, Communication and Selling Expenses)
- Analysis of variances with stock controller and store manager
- P&L reviews and ad hoc analysis with Brands Retail Managers
- Build strong working relationships with the Maison and local Head Office teams
- Prepare Cash Flow forecasts & make loan proposals.
- Ensure internal controls are in place and in accordance with Maison's requests
- Assist with external audit queries
- Liaise with store managers regularly and assisting in any finance or operational issues or queries they may have
- Prepare and assist in stock takes (twice a year)
- Assist with process improvement projects
- Approve and check payments
- Assist with Insurance provider requests
Education and experience:
- 3-4 years' experience in a similar role.
- Finance Degree, Master Finance 1 or 2, CIMA or ACCA qualification.
- Advanced Excel, Experience with corporate ERP (JDE) and reporting systems (Syrus) is a real plus
- Fluent English. French and/or Spanish is a plus.
- Analytical capability, as well as ability to dig into details where required.
- Ability to work efficiently, to deal with different deadlines, ad-hoc requests and prioritisation of workload.
- Strong communication skills, business acumen.
- Ability to work collaboratively and qualitatively under pressure