MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Manager, FP&A—North America, will be responsible for overseeing the P&L, budget, and financial reporting for fresh Canada, and will facilitate the growth of fresh's e-commerce and Boutique business. The Manager, FP&A—North America will complete analysis on the topside and by door level and will support operational areas such as fixed assets and lead loss prevention and reporting. As the key financial partner to various cross-functional leaders within the North America market, the Manager, FP&A will ensure consistency and accuracy in sales forecasting and departmental budgeting. The Manager, FP&A—North America will report directly to the Senior Director, FP&A—North America, supporting her as a North America liaison to Global Finance as well as the fresh executive team.
The Manager, FP&A—North America has strong experience working in finance within an e-commerce, boutique, and/or wholesale business and is an energetic team-player with communication skills, attention to detail, and a business minded approach in their day-to-day work. The Manager, FP&A—North America can research, interpret, analyze, and report financial data querying from various sources with the ability to actively engage the team to meet its goals and objectives in a timely matter.
Main responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Manage and prepare the monthly close review process and reporting, with a dedicated focus on wholesale business in Canada as well as E-Commerce and Boutiques in the US:
- Analyze, manage, and review monthly P&L results and variance explanations, preparing comments against budget and prior year for all markets in US, suggesting corrective measures if needed.
- Develop and present P&L commentary for respective businesses within the US and Canada, inclusive of P&L by retailer in Canada
- Work closely with A/R, Sales Admin and E-Commerce teams, following up on chargebacks from retailers on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, FP&A ensuring consistent reporting treatment across all markets and countries.
- Work closely with the Accounting team ensuring the accuracy of the books.
- Prepare monthly Net Sales/P&L comments by channel for top Management
- Develop scorecards that will provide insightful information to executive team (such as, but not limited to AR/DSO sales trend analysis by channel and door - wholesale vs retail and weeks of supply, etc.).
- Support the delivery of performance commitments and reporting requests from Global Finance, while coordinating all key parts to make sure that all requests are answered on time and in accurate manner.
- Partner in short and long-term financial planning Budgets / Forecasts (R1, R2, Budget, 3/5 Year Plan) process with head of Canada Business and E-Commerce Business
- Departmental Partnership
- Serve as the key finance partner to North America functional departments involved in the e-commerce and boutique business, inclusive of Events and Customer Service as well as Canada
- Participate in meetings with US departmental leaders to analyze how their respective budget is trending on a monthly basis as well as during key review periods
- Identify risks and opportunities for each department to make well informed decisions in forecasting future budgeting
- Fulfill ad-hoc financial reporting requests from the General Manager, North America as well as department heads.
What you will learn in the first 6 months:
- You will understand the Canada wholesale, com and US boutique strategy at Fresh, inclusive of both the long-term vision and mid-term/short-term goals
- You will build trusting relationships with various partners across fresh North America and fresh HQ
What will you achieve in 12 months?
- You will become an expert in e-commerce and boutique business in a beauty company in the US and Canada
- You will be able to provide key financial information to Top Management, that will be the basis of taking decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or related field; Master's degree a plus
- At least five years of experience in FP&A, controlling and reporting in a retail and wholesale environment, ideally in the beauty industry
- Highly business minded
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent in Excel and Power Point required
- Prior experience in Syrus (and/or a similar reporting tool) in AX and Cognos a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects at once
- Detail oriented, organized, and analytical
- Highest standards of accuracy, organization, and precision
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Priority Setting: determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and acts accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; experience communicating with Executive level leadership on a regular basis
- Experience using a very hands-on approach with a positive and energetic attitude.
- Likes challenge and pursues opportunities while consistently highly achieving.
- Punctual and provides clear communication on status
Based in New York, NY