MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Manager, Global Visual Merchandising will manage all global campaign directives, biannual merchandising updates, and new project launches. Reporting to and partnering with the Director, Global Visual Merchandising, the Manager, Global Visual Merchandising will be responsible for project coordination, schedules, budgets, logistics, and operation aspects of the Global Visual Merchandising Department.
Global Visual Merchandising Campaigns
- Liaise with Director of Global Visual Merchandising, Responsible for providing management in campaign planning/organization/ prototype execution.
- Partner with cross-functional global teams to establish campaign direction and global positioning. Understanding how to adapt across channels and markets by differentiated consumer experience.
- Coordinate all project phases from ideation to in-store execution and post-roll-out support, ensuring achievement of merchandising & strategic goals.
- Collaborate with Central Purchasing and Manager of Industrialization, support and coordinate partnership with external design firms, manufacturers, and preferred vendors depending on project (in regards to prototypes, styling and execution).
- Partner with the Director of Global Visual Merchandising to develop Biannual Merchandising directives.
- Responsible for developing seasonal and core visual merchandising guidelines to communicate projects effectively to the markets and cross functional teams.
- Develop and maintain company standards guides to uphold and maintain brand standards (i.e. global planogram guidelines and software updates, graphic standards and in-store styling/display guidelines)
- Partner with cross-functional global teams for creation of channel and market specific graphics and copy/language that enhance customer experience.
- Partner closely with markets to ensure that global merchandising developments reflect the needs to the business with an understanding of differentiated market and channel needs.
- Partner with Director of Global Visual Merchandising on the development of all Hospitality/Global Theater/Special Project campaigns
- Partner with Director of Global Visual Merchandising to support the rollout of new markets (including directive development, store opening processes and sourcing).
- Partner with the region and market to validate all campaigns and merchandising initiatives reflect brand guidelines and strong design principles.
- Nurture a global culture of best-practice and good-idea sharing within the merchandising leads.
- Establish feedback loops between global, region and market to communicate successes, opportunities and competitive landscape.
- Responsible for VM budget tracking and invoice administration
- Manage market and retailer calendars/project tracker development
- Weekly communication coordination
- Six or more years of related experience with visual merchandising and retail design
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas through hand sketches, 2D drawings and 3D renderings.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Sketch-up or comparable and Office Suite.
- Experience with three-dimensional space displays or installations, in a commercial or a creative space.
- Experience in luxury beauty or fashion retail preferred.
- Strong team spirit with outstanding organization and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, ability to execute flawlessly, strong knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes and costs.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to spearhead all operational and administrative aspects of VM
- Proven ability work autonomously but collaborate effectively
- Passion for cosmetic retailing, detail oriented and entrepreneurial work environment
- Flexible work hours to accommodate communication with global teams
- Must be willing to travel
Based in the New York City office.