MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Manager, Operations Finance will support management of company gross margin by ensuring integrity of cost reporting and providing valuable insights into product cost, cost variances and trends.
- Executes financial analysis and reporting improvements in operations-related metrics, including thoughtful analysis and insights, that support visibility, decisions and actions aligned with achievement of goals.
- Facilitates implementation and execution of budgeting and forecasting process and system improvements from an Operations Finance perspective.
- Traces impact of product price, product cost, product mix and volume changes through to Cost of Goods % visibility and understanding of actual/forecast trends, major drivers and outcomes of S&OP processes by Market/Country.
- Develops analysis of actual and forecast sampling/gift program inventory flows, costs and unit volumes in support of program cost visibility, decision-support and alignment with goals.
- Supports Go To Market (GTM) and ongoing product change request (ECR) processes by engaging with teams as needed to understand existing costs, anticipated costs, scenarios and reasons for variances to baseline costs.
- Analyzes purchase price changes, forecasts anticipated product cost impacts and traces effectivity in the P&L via timely identification of purchase price changes and analysis of related financials.
- Supports development of new product costs and cost evolution tracking between Go To Market and Launch phases, in coordination with others, as needed, to ensure timely visibility to pre-launch costing status and understanding of variance to committed estimates.
- Supports visibility to post-launch costing status and determines causes for major variances as required for Top 25 items and others as required.
- Facilitates the execution of capital expenditure authorization processes linked to product tooling and similar needs.
- Supports preparation of HQ inventory analysis and reconciliations, inventory provisions, validation of destruction requests and other reportable inventory-related items.
- Supports execution of inventory controls by ensuring routine reconciliation and review processes over in-transit, consignment inventories and related adjustments.
- Supports analysis, reporting and improvement of cost of goods variances in support of improved inventory provision/scrap, PPV, freight/overhead absorption and work order variances.
- Develops improvements, documents and executes value-added analysis and reporting processes in support of improvement initiatives, expanded Operations Finance scope and decision-making.
- Supports development and execution of annual Standard Cost Revaluation in coordination with other Operations Finance team members.
- Supports Operations Finance monthly closing process via preparation of analysis, General Ledger journals, and P&L commentary for variances between actual results and prior/budget/forecast as appropriate for VP Finance and COO distribution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Combination of Big 4 public accounting and private industry experience desired.
- 5-7 years of total relevant experience.
- Manufacturing, supply chain and/or product costing experience desirable.
- IT Skills: Superior MS Excel skills. Experienced major ERP system user.
- Process review, documentation and improvement skills.
- Ability to independently manage multiple priorities.
- Focused on data, process and reporting integrity in support of high quality and timely decision-support.
- Languages: English fluency.
- Based primarily in Jersey City, NJ
- Limited travel to New York, NY