The Manager, Product Development, will be developing the Marketing Calendar & reformulation projects and track projects on a day to day basis staying within allotted timelines. As an active participate in the creative development, the Manager will conduct the research, initiation, evaluation, development and follow-through of new product launches for franchises. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Product Development, the Manager will be a strong communicator to with the ability to collaborate with cross functional team members, while providing insights of new competitive launches, new industry technologies and ingredients.
- Partner with VP and Director Product Development, Co-Founders and Marketing to define new products concepts and benchmarks
- Actively participate in "Blue Sky" brainstorming sessions with the Product Development team and Co-Founders
- Manage product briefs review with Research & Development (R&D) to finalize concepts, research and define the products feasibility and development parameters
- Conduct research as needed to support new product concepts.
- Work closely with Senior Manager Product Development & Director Product Development to evaluate formula submissions and provide feedback and re-directs to R&D, and select submissions to be presented to Marketing and Co-Founders
- Attend briefing sessions with cross-functional team members on product reviews, timelines and launch plans
- Ensure that cost of goods meet given cost targets during Product Development, in accordance with the brand's strategy and goals
- Define with Senior Manager, Product Development testing needs and create content (questionnaires), and manage product testing execution (safety, efficacy, consumer panels, etc) and timing associated
- Manage projects with R&D to ensure key milestones for product development are reached on time in full.
- Work with the team to ensure launches are kept on target, all timelines are accurate, and that R&D is alignment on project timing and has most up to date timelines.
- Manage the reformulation of products that need to be reformulated in line with company strategy & regulations.
- Work closely with Marketing, Project Management and Operations teams to ensure products are delivered on a timely basis.
- Work closely with packaging team to help develop packaging options in sync with formula/texture
- Work closely with Regulatory and Legal teams to ensure compliance of product formulae and claims for existing and emerging new markets
- Work closely with Quality team to define quality standards
- Write and publish the Product Profile defining full concept, product features, benefits/claims, and keys ingredients and present it along with the product to Marketing, Education & Training teams
- Participate in reviewing copy for packaging, marketing collateral and training materials for Storytelling, Marketing & Education needs
- Support Senior Managers to provide answer to the Global Communications team for press questions regarding formula, ingredients, efficacy
- Three plus years of experience in cosmetics Product Development
- Experience in formulation in laboratories of skin care products would be a plus
- Bachelor degree
- Languages: English required, French is a plus
- Good understanding of the cosmetic industry. The position requires experience in R&D with a good knowledge on cosmetic ingredients and regulatory environment
- Strong product evaluation skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong communication skills with R&D personnel, as well as all levels of management of Marketing, Sales, and Education, Packaging, Creative, P.R. and Copy teams.
- Must demonstrate strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Must possess creative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management.
- Capacity to work autonomously as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong organization and planning skills, ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Goal oriented with a "can do" attitude
- Strong team and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of key computer programs is required
- Occasional travel
Located in New York City