MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
Responsible for day to day management of three properties in Manhattan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure that the operational needs of the business are met in an efficient and timely manner at all times by working with and through the appropriate vendors of Management of Building Systems, Cleaning and Maintenance Security and Safety, Mailroom and building Engineers.
o Manage the submission of requests for deliveries, temperature control, special cleanings and dumpster requests, office/furniture moves, light replacements, leaks and maintenance, freight elevator requests, building ID requests, office ID replacement requests, etc.
o Provide and manage support for the mailroom with questions regarding staff. Maintain list of employees by floor and provide seating arrangement for current employee locations.
o Manage the day-to-day work scope of Principal Porter and coordinate attendance, coverage, and other needs.
· Vendor Relations: Establish, maintain, and improve relations to provide organization with the best services providers in their respective industry. Develop strong partnerships based on integrity, honesty and professionalism.
o Learn the marketplace and be acquainted with vendor options; leverage this knowledge to obtain key contracts and pricing.
o Engage in contract discussions, negotiations and renegotiations to achieve required results that benefit the organization with services provided and financial budgets.
o Keep up to date Certificates of Insurance of Vendors to provide to Building Management for all work done on the premises.
· Manage every aspect of Space Management and Office Moves:
o Provide employees with adequate office space to work efficiently and understand requirements needed, including but not limited to: privacy, acoustics, lighting, collaborative needs, and budget.
o Work with HR on projections to understand growth of the organization and allocate space accordingly.
o Coordinate IT for internal moves with HR and employee. Plan logistics for a smooth transition.
· Maintain Office Services by organizing office operations and procedures. Establish standards and new procedures to create better efficiency.
· Partner with HR on Planning and Executing Corporate Events that are reflective of brand image and align with targeted budget
· Construction/Renovations/Project Management: manage the construction project and oversee their progress from conception to completion (budgeting, organization, scheduling implementation).
o Be onsite (as early as 6am and on weekends) to accept deliveries, equipment, and be on premises to supervise workers.
o Develop timeline to stay on course and on time throughout projects.
· Oversee Construction as needed for three properties:
o Source, recruit, and background check General Contractors, architects and subcontractors, e.g., plumbers, electricians, etc.
o Negotiate and manage contract process from start to finish.
PRINCIPAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
· College degree
· Ability to interact at all levels with internal and external personnel
· 8+ years of experience in facilities maintenance capacity a prestige fashion, fragrance and/or beauty industry
· Strong communication and project management skills
· Detail oriented, organized, and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, knowledge of Excel
· Proactive, requiring little direction, takes responsibility
· Extremely professional, poised, and polished