MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Manager/Senior Manager, Demand Planning will be responsible for challenging and publishing comprehensive, global market and channel specific 18 month rolling forecasts for current and future products. By incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from Sales, Operations, Marketing, Finance, retailer replenishment analysts and other sources, the Manager/Senior Manager, Demand Planning will consistently validate and monitor accuracy of forecasts on a global scale. As a leader of regional S&OP on a monthly basis, the Manager/Senior Manager, Demand Planning will have the opportunity to regularly come to the table with recommendations for continued improvement of processes.
The Manager/Senior Manager, Demand Planning has exceptional communication skills, and is motivated and excited by cross-functional partnership on a local and global level. As a strong project manager who enjoys process implementation and improvement, the Manager/Senior Manager, Demand Planner will look fresh's current processes and forecasting tool from both an analytical and solution-oriented viewpoint.
- Lead and challenge the forecasting proposal of 4 key markets to ensure the quality of the process and accuracy of results.
- Be the main point of contact for these 4 markets and understand each market key animation plans to secure their turnover
- Ensure monthly accuracy of the data associated with major events, transitions, new, and discontinued items within the forecasting tool
- Facilitate the success of the monthly Sales & Operations Planning Process to ensure alignment between financial target and monthly forecasts globally and by market.
- Achieve forecast accuracy goals by markets
- Facilitate monthly reviews of forecast accuracy results with each 4 markets and utilize feedback from Sales to adjust forward estimates.
- Propose new initiative potential leveraging knowledge of retail sales, markets evolution and current product performance. Present proposal to internal partners for alignment
- Develop and improve all current reports and forecasting tool
- Publish monthly 18 months rolling forecasts to the Fresh organization
- Ensure success of new forecasting tool that was just implemented
- Be proactive to provide continuous improvement
What you will learn in the first 6 months:
- Have a global understanding of Fresh strategy and portfolio, as well as key short term and long term of 4 key markets to drive global their forecasts
- Develop Market knowledge and fresh strategy & approaches in a diversified, dynamic and highly competitive environment
- Develop an expertise on our new implemented forecasting tool (Dynasis)
- Begin building strong cross functional partnership with our retail, marketing and finance team
What you will achieve in 12 months:
- Animate monthly regional S&OP with 4 key markets
- Publish monthly forecasting KPI with key action plan and ensure that global forecasts accuracy targets are achievable and achieved by key markets
- Lead monthly discussion with executive team on newness potential over the next 3 years
- Continue to improve existing reporting and tool to sustain Fresh growth
- Bachelors or advanced degree in supply chain management, business, math, advanced statistics, economics, operations research and/or computer science
- A minimum of 5 years of proven success in Forecasting and Demand Planning at a Manager level (in the Promotional Products industry a plus)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into objectives to drive performance and financial objectives
- Experience with US and European Markets to understand their specificities
- Professional written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience with the implementation of a Forecasting Tool and business intelligence tool
- Experience in a fast pace environment
Based in Jersey City, NJ