Establish and deliver in-market executions of luxury brand, portfolio and company strategies in order to grow volume and profit across assigned markets and distributors.
Strategic Platform: 20%
- Participate in the brand planning process; oversee development and execution of regional and market-based brand objectives for all spirits brands.
- Monitor flow of activities required to achieve brand priorities for assigned market
- Work closely with Market Director and Business Development Managers' to ensure annual market plan is established, executed and reconciled quarterly for all spirits brands.
- Ensure resource allocation supports brand and market/channel opportunity
- Prepare and review monthly depletion forecast and update Market Director with negative and positive variances
- Review shipments monthly with distributor to ensure sales targets are achieved
- Develop and execute MH price structures for all spirits brands to ensure profit maximization while maintaining proper brand and competitor index relationship
- A&P / FTT /DPP Management:
- Work closely with Market Director, Business Development Managers' and Finance Director to ensure A&P/ DPP / FTT is allocated and managed in accordance to brand strategy and contracted rates
- Formal reconciliation should be performed quarterly in conjunction with Market Director and Director of Finance and appropriate distributor personnel
- Develop, control & evaluate A&P budget spend for spirits brands.
- Manage overhead and T&E budgets
Distributor Management: 40%
- Responsible for delivering against all spirits brands across the following channels; On Premise, Retail, Outstate and specific accounts where the spirits distributor sales team handles wine and champagne.
- Provide clear direction and the necessary tools to the distributor team in order to achieve brand and Company priorities
- Ensure preferred supplier status with distributors, agencies, retailers, business partners for all spirits brands
- Manage the planning and execution process of all allocated spirits items.
- Develop results driven programming with distributor to ensure delivery of qualitative objectives and budget goals
- Set, track and evaluate divisional KPI's/goals for Distributor based on brand/market priorities, KPI's include but are not limited to Accounts Sold, Shelf Standards, Displays, Merchandising and Drink Menus.
- Plan and review FTT/ DPP to ensure proper channel allocation and maximum program effectiveness. FTT / DPP must be reviewed and reconciled monthly and quarterly.
- Conduct monthly planning sessions with distributor spirits teams.
- Conduct mid month and quarterly business reviews to benchmark progress against qualitative and quantitative goals
- Train and assess Distributor Sales force, ensure sales force understands all in store objectives by brand
- Regularly participate in distributor market visits to ensure market execution is at or above standard
In - Market Execution: 30%
- Develop, oversee, monitor and maintain the highest quality standards of retail executions in order to deliver annual depletion and sales targets
- Maximize brand growth opportunities within across all market segments
- Direct specialists and Portfolio Management team to be best in class and ensure delivery of all qualitative and quantitative objectives with Distributor DTD.
- Ensure fact/need based selling tools/techniques are developed and used
- Ensure effective pricing strategies are set and aligned across value chain
- Oversee POS, feature and display activities to ensure flawless execution and maximum effectiveness
- Ensure quality of brand mix, inventory, size mix and market pricing are set to drive short and long term growth and profitability within assigned market
- Ensure market goals are linked to brand and Company priorities
- Use sales systems to develop metrics, gauge progress and measure successes and to identify opportunities for growth
- Develop relationships with key/high image accounts (visit regularly; monitor and give feedback on competitive activity)
- Survey the market regularly (4x/year) and manage monthly competitive price surveys
- Maximize brand growth opportunities within all channels and key sub-channels (On-premise, off-premise, multicultural, casino, LGBT etc...)
- Direct menu, back bar, POS, display, shelving, cold box and other merchandising standards to ensure best in class execution while maximizing effectiveness during key selling periods
- Monitor and report on the competitive landscape and their core activities.
- Monitor in-market activity to develop proactive market plans that maximize visibility, brand value and minimizes competitive growth
- Perform program analysis to determine market effectiveness and return on investment
- Leverage all media and brand sponsored PR and events for maximum value
- Share best practices across Region Team
Education: Undergraduate Degree
Skills: 6-8+ years business experience in a Sales leadership role, in a Sales & Marketing environment and within the Beverage Alcohol Industry. Prior experience in consumer products preferred. Strong leadership and communication skills. Strong system and management skills. Strong knowledge of sales techniques and distributor network. Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to work with all levels of the organization and must be able to adapt to various work styles.
location : Chicago/Oakbrook (IL)