Christian Dior and the Legacy
Christian Dior and the house that he created in 1947 has become the universal symbol of elegance, excellence and luxury. It created desire, magnifying the beauty of women. Today, the Creative Directors of the House continue to revisit the codes of Dior through haute couture, RTW, leather goods and accessories, and fine jewellery and timepieces.
Christian Dior Couture currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Marketing & Communications Director to join the Christian Dior Couture family in our Sydney Head Office.
Your role within the Maison
Reporting to the General Manager, the Marketing & Communications Director is accountable for the development, planning and execution of all marketing and PR programs, commercial events, media activities, editorial direction and maintaining current and new client relationships.
Key responsibility of the role include:
- Drive all media activities and relationships to ensure regular and appropriate coverage on Christian Dior Couture within all channels of relevant media platforms.
- Manage key relationships with local PR and Event Management agencies, as well as local celebrities and brand ambassadors to enhance Christian Dior Couture's positioning in the Australian market.
- Develop communication strategies to support key category trends and brands across all marketing channels including - social, digital, PR, events, media and brand partnership.
- Develop short and long term plans and budgets for the marketing, communications & PR program and its activities in liaison with the regional teams, General Manager and CFO.
- Optimise brand exposure with media partners and create synergies between press and CDM events.
- Develop strategies to recruit new clients, and retain and engage existing Christian Dior Couture clients.
- Support retail management by providing regular updates on all marketing & PR activities to ensure clear understanding and implementation of the strategies.
- Plan, develop and execute strategies on brand events and activations, working closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure alignment with local and global directives.
- Lead a marketing and communications team, establish a strong team culture and ensure individual development plans and objectives are nurtured in line with company values.
In addition to demonstrated experience in the above responsibilities, you will possess:
- At least 10 years' experience in marketing, with a minimum 7 years in a head of department capacity managing a marketing team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Experience in preparing, managing and delivering Marketing and Communications budgets.
- Strong ability to think strategically and commercially.
- Experience in developing and executing client development strategies.
Job benefits and perks
This is a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in luxury retail within a culture where People Make the Difference.