The Marketing Director is responsible for developing and implementing the Perfume Marketing strategy in North America, in alignment with the Global marketing strategy. He/She offers strategic marketing input into a variety of business areas including sales and inventory management. He/She is in charge of managing budget and staff to execute the goals and objectives of the Perfume Marketing department.
The Marketing Director oversees all Perfume Collections across the luxury wholesale business environment (Department Stores, Specialty, Sephora, Ulta and .com) and is charged with strategizing around all aspects of marketing including advertising, promotion, incentives, visual merchandising, training support, business analytics, social media, the competitive environment, social media, and new business opportunities.
The Perfume Marketing Director will manage a team of 2 (Marketing Manager & Coordinator).
Essential duties and requirements:
- Evaluate & propose Marketing strategies in line with the local market. Prepare presentations and deliver content & Perfume messaging to multitude of audiences; staff, Sr. Management, Retailers, Central teams.
- Drive the initiatives which support the Field in defining and implementing the local Marketing plans in-Store.
- Work closely with Brand communication department on Press event/PR.
- Analyze, develop, recommend and execute the annual marketing communication strategy for BCA. Evaluate market reactions to advertising campaigns, events, products, merchandizing, product packaging and formulation to ensure the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet market and competitive conditions.
- Direct all Market Meetings for Retailers by Season.
- Work closely with Sales Administration on regular NPD Reporting to provide market overviews, share key learnings and best practices. Lead cross-channel analytics and gather real-world learnings that can be used to determine effectiveness and guide future marketing strategies and tactics.
- Ensures effective control of Marketing results and that corrective action takes place to be certain that the achievement of Marketing objectives are within designated budgets.
- Maximize interaction and strategic communications with Sales, Sales Administration, Demand Planning, Finance and with Central counterparts in Rome and/or Neuchatel.
- Responsible for the Marketing Portion of the P&L and must effectively manage the Marketing Budget. Oversee the staff managing the Marketing budget. Provide management with up-to-date insights and stand point of the financial status. Make call outs to Management on any issues or relevant points to discuss.
- Provide VP with market research information and/or business analytics in support of decisions/directions being taken within the local market
- Provide Central with information relevant to the new product promotional or VM process, as well as competitive information, local market conditions and new business opportunities
- Work closely with Field and Marketing Team, as necessary, to ensure market visits are set up on a regular basis. Attend Retailer meetings with Field Management.
- Lead, develop and engage the Perfume Marketing Team to be successful.
*This is not inclusive of all responsibilities and duties and may be changed by Management at any time.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Minimum 10+ years Marketing experience
- Proven Brand Strategist
- Broad creative & innovative acumen
- Awareness of luxury brands; experience Perfume industry
- Customer-focused and result oriented
- Strong project, organization, planning & budget management skills
- Comprehensive Analytical skills
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships/partnerships
- Proactive, energetic, self-starter
- Acute sense of judgment, tact & diplomacy
- Proven Leadership qualities
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- International travel is required