PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Responsible for the marketing strategy for Acqua di Parma in the UK & Eire including planning, implementation, and management of the Acqua di Parma brand activities in order to achieve targeted sales and profit within the constraints of a set budget. Ensure brand desirability is enhanced in all activities.
- Develop and implement the strategy for all existing lines and new launches and proactively suggest specific approaches adapted to UK / Eire : sales target, analysis of new product launches, competition analysis, pricing distribution, in-store activities and communication
- Prepare product allocation sheet for each launch including allocation of samples and POSm
- Work with PR and media agency to develop effective communication plans for the brand with follow up monitoring of their impact.
- Ensure marketing activities contribute to Acqua di Parma brand desirability at all time ensuring the relevant approval from HQ are secured.
- Manage trade marketing initiatives ensuring effective communication between National Accounts, Sales teams, Retailers and Customer Services.
- Working with Sales team and stores, pitch recommend and get approval for trade marketing activity plans with all key retailers including flagships, barbershop and key store groups
- Develop ad hoc local activities and POS elements to support strategy when required
- Manage presentation of all launches and events internally and externally.
- Track launches and sites performances, analyse and draw conclusions
- Produce reports for GM and Italy whenever required
- Track competition and make recommendations to Italy for future product development
Logistic and budgets
- Ensure adequate stock coverage for all products through forecasting accuracy and quota management.
- Propose and implement relevant budgets annually (POSM, Sites, Funds Given to the trade, Media, PR, ...)
- Manage entire Marketing budget: monitor expenditures by activity in line with budget and ensure trackers are correctly maintained with meticulous attention to PO raising and tracking.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out within budget parameter as agreed with General Manager.
- Prepare brief for Media Agency on an annual basis and recommend overall Communication Strategy
- Responsible for media colour balancing and cropping validation working with media production agency
- Develop CRM and Digital Campaigns and work closely with Italy to get approval
- Work closely with key Retailers contacts in order to create relevant visibility for the brand on Retailers website as well as online "shop in shop"
- Brief and work with PR agency to secure press coverage for new products and create PR stories for the brand, on social media and print including press events and PR campaigns
- Ensure smooth and transparent communication with AdP HQ and gain their support on specific UK requirements.
Manage, motivate and develop team members, regularly overseeing their work and seeking development
POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
Reports To: General Manager
Internal: Commercial director
Finance, Logistics & Customer Service
Direct Reports: Product Manager
External: Operational Marketing - Milan
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
Excellent organisational skills
Able to prioritise work in a fast-changing environment
Acute attention to detail - numerate/analytical
Able to work on own initiative
Diplomacy and negotiation skills
Confidence in influencing
Creative skills and copywriting ability
Taste for luxury and empathy with the ADP brand
Enthusiasm and energy
Microsoft office (e.g. Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
Italian language a plus but not essential
A Marketing or Business graduate with at least 3 to 4 years experience in a marketing role. Previous exposure to luxury brands and/or retail would be desirable.