Oversee development and execution of industry-leading marketing strategy to support and elevate Guerlain's Fragrance business. Meet growth objectives and contribute to overall company goals across new fragrance product launches as well as core business. Drive forward best-in-class Retail Experience and brand 360° plans, with a particular emphasis on Ultimate Doors.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and implement best-in-class U.S. Marketing strategies for Fragrance category with a focus on topline growth and increasing market share and rank.
- Plan and flawlessly execute launch 360 Fragrance programs - especially Haute Parfumerie - including, but not limited to adapting launches for U.S. market, Premium/Exceptional pieces, relaunch of the legendary fragrances, assortment, launch toolkits, competitive deep dives, and support of E-Business category acceleration.
- Closely monitor retail sales (weekly and monthly) and overall product performance in order to dive deeply into category performance & anticipate and react to changing environment.
- Lead fragrance forecasting strategy, including basic, newness, and sets.
- Develop strong working relationship with Sales Administration to develop accurate and strategic forecasts for new products. Recommend adjustments to basic business forecasts based on new product projections.
- As needed, drive local set development process with cross-functional teams (e.g., QVC).
- Develop strong working relationship with Paris HQ team. Communicate regularly to outline U.S.-specific needs, provide feedback on launches, including category analysis with U.S.-specific needs.
- Build and monitor annual budget.
- Ensure Retail Excellence is at the center of go-forward strategy, especially in Ultimate doors.
- Oversee a seamless, best-in-class retail experience & execution through an integrated, cross-functional approach.
- Plan and flawlessly execute 360 Retail Experience including, but not limited to, adapting HQ guidelines locally, ensuring a high level of consistency across all doors in particular Ultimate doors, being point on all topics tied to Retail Experience, deep diving into the competition, and ideating new ways to drive forward retail excellence in focus doors.
- Drive Ultimate Door coordination and management.
- Oversee implementation of Art of Gifting across relevant doors.
- Lead interaction with the Field team on all areas of Retail Excellence execution and flawless consistency.
- Drive retailer relationships and planning across Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, Epcot, Bellagio, and Breakers.
- Collaborate with E-Business team in ensuring execution of a robust omnichannel strategy for those partners.
- Customize programming and visibility per account to maximize sales and share of voice.
- Oversee clienteling brand efforts to support always-on, focused and best-in-class approach - especially versus the competition.
- Oversee brand sampling & GWP efforts to ensure flawless execution and prioritization of big bets and supporting business objectives.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: VP of Marketing
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Retail Excellence Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of experience in Marketing, preferably within the prestige fragrance industry
- Limited travel based on needs of the business
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: making the best use of interpersonal skills to communicate with internal functions as well as with retailer buying teams
- Effective project management skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to stay organized and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Fluency or working knowledge of French is preferred
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
NOTE: This job description is intended to cover the core accountabilities of the position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.