Develop and execute strategic Marketing programs for Givenchy's Makeup business in accordance with Management's objectives. Meet growth objectives and contribute to overall corporate profit through new product launches, as well as the ongoing support of basic business within a given outlined budget. Oversee implementation of promotion and strategy aligning with key retailer objectives, with a focus on Sephora. Work closely with Creative to execute updates across retailers and boutiques with a focus on the Sephora gondola update process.
- Full time
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and implement U.S. Marketing strategies for Makeup category with a focus on topline growth and increasing market share and rank.
- Lead, plan, and execute launch programs including adapting launches for U.S. market, forecasting launch quantities, etc. Additionally, manage full 360-launch plans including: budget, visual weeks, merchandising, sampling, account specific adaptation. Partner with cross functional teams on execution of PR, education, events, media support, and co-op programming.
- Lead implementation of Sephora-specific strategy, including gondola update process. Partner closely with Sales to ensure strong execution of Sephora-specific programming, promotions, and all initiatives.
- Develop seasonal marketing calendar to maximize launches and strategic focus. Ensure ongoing update and communication of the calendar to all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop strong working relationship with Paris HQ team. Communicate regularly to outline U.S.-specific needs, provide feedback on launches, including category analysis with U.S.-specific needs (e.g., shades, claims, name, formula, competition, trends, and gaps/opportunities in product portfolio).
- Issue quarterly trend report, including NPD competitive information, new product launches, and social media trends.
- Manage the forecast process for new product launches and POSM materials, including benchmark analysis.
- Lead and drive merchandising initiatives for all distribution channels: Sephora; Installations; Counters, including launch glorifiers, new makeup bar units, as well as Sephora gondola, and all updates.
- Ensure that creative and purchasing process is tracked closely and adhere to set timelines.
- Work closely with Sales Force to customize programming per retailers (Sephora, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks, Dillard's, etc.) in order to maximize sales and visibility per account.
- Build and revise annual budget (promotional spending). Reconcile monthly actual to budget spending to make sure that spending is on target.
- Develop strong working relationship with Sales Administration to develop accurate and strategic forecasts for new products. Recommend adjustments to basic business forecasts based on new product projections.
- Take proactive approach toward saleable and non-saleable inventory through monthly updates. Ensure correct inventory of saleable line items to minimize out of stocks and inventory excesses.
- Track retail sales (weekly and monthly) and overall product performance in order to anticipate and react to changing environment.
- Ensure that testers and merchandising units are forecasted according to usage and to budget to ensure maximum efficiency and minimize out of stocks and excess inventory.
- Establish and maintain strong and supportive individual and team relationships with cross-functional groups (Sales, Education, Merchandising, Creative, PR, and Finance) to enhance achievement of objectives. Ensure that all relevant stakeholders are informed fully of marketing plans (and any changes) on a timely basis.
- Prepare and present product marketing calendar and support programs at seasonal Sales Conferences.
- Propose retail-pricing recommendations for all new products and price increases on existing SKUs.
- Liaise frequently with Operations team to ensure that all programs arrive on time, highlighting any potential issues to management.
- Work with National Makeup Artist and Education team to develop the in store eventing strategy.
- Manage QVC product assortment and ensure product file submission on time to get authorization for on air shows, on time with schedule.
- Complete other projects, analyses, or job-related activities on a timely basis, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of Marketing experience in the beauty industry, specifically on a U.S. local affiliate market working with product development teams abroad
- Makeup experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills, oral and written presentation skills, and excellent computer skills, including Excel, and PowerPoint; NPD analytical skills preferred
- Exhibit a keen ability to be proactive as well as handle a multitude of projects at one time
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and curious
- Should be a strategic thinker, an "influencer," a consensus builder, and excellent team player
- Fluency or working knowledge of French is preferred
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
NOTE: This job description is intended to cover the core accountabilities of the position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.