PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To be part of the management team and set the vision and direction for Acqua di Parma in the UK & Ireland.
- To plan, implement and control effective marketing, merchandising and PR programmes, maximising the sales potential of new products, together with a plan for existing brands in line with the Company's international strategy within agreed budget / profitability levels, and in view of market share development.
- To manage and develop the Marketing teams and PR agency
- Develop brand objectives and strategies including all aspects of the mix: product, price positioning, distribution, in store activities and communication
- Act as a brand ambassador and guardian in all activities
- Overview and control product allocation sheets for each launch including allocation of samples and POSM
- Develop effective selling tools and presentations for Sales team
- Work closely with the Sales Department and negotiate if required with Head Office so as to ensure that marketing activities are in line with commercial needs
- Work closely with management team to organize Sales meeting and Strategy meetings
- To work closely with the Head of Sales and Training Manager to ensure that marketing plans are translated into retail activation and training plans
- Implement hard and soft Merchandising strategy including new counter design and production, maintenance and merchandising campaigns
- Develop strong trade marketing plan and work very closely with Head of Sales and key Retailers to secure relevant visibility for the brand on and off line
- Develop ad hoc local collateral POS elements to support launches and activities when required
- Manage, motivate and develop the team to achieve individual business objectives
- Continually review structure and processes to ensure the brand is set to achieve future growth ambition
- Track competition and make recommendations to Italy for future product development
- Track launches and sites performances, analyse and draw conclusions
- Produce reports for GM and Italy whenever required
- Full responsibility for A&P, PR and Marketing budgets including:
- sales forecasts and monitoring by product line.
- P&L analysis for strategic launches and promotion
E-Commerce - E Retailing
- Develop E retailing and Ecommerce strategy with E-Commerce manager to meet set objectives
- Monitor performance vs target
- Review and agree E Commerce trade plans with Italy
- Prepare brief for Media Agency on an annual basis and recommend overall Communication Strategy
- Manage PR strategy with Italy and Agency to execute best in class product launches and meet PR targets
- Develop CRM and Digital Campaigns and work closely with Italy to get approval
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
- Team management
- Strong Commercial awareness and understanding of UK retailers
- Strong communication skills : confidence in influencing and relationship focused
- Able to prioritise work in a fast changing environment
- Acute attention to detail - numerate/analytical
- Able to work on own initiative
- Creative skills and copywriting ability
- Taste for luxury and empathy with the brand
- Team worker
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Microsoft office (e.g. Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Presentation skills
- Italian language a plus but not essential
- A Marketing or Business graduate with at least 5 years experience in a marketing role.
- Previous exposure to luxury brands and/or retail.
- Ability to develop within the next 3 years.