The SWT Merchandise Space Planner will be responsible for developing and maintaining detailed planograms by store location based on passenger profile by location, SWT strategy and productivity/profitability targets. The Space Planner will partner with the Global & Regional Merchandizing teams, Planning, Store Operations, Replenishment & Allocations and Visual Merchandizing to drive results through effective planograms and merchandize presentation.
The role and responsibilities of this truly cross-functional position will be focused on, but not limited to:
- Create, execute and update planograms across Spirits, Wine and Tobacco category in close collaboration with Merchandizing team supporting all stores in the Singapore region
- Conduct sku/space productivity/profitability reviews and analysis, quickly identifying trends in business and adjust space needs based on sell through/OOS
- Analyze sales, trends and passenger's data to develop, recommend and execute category specific space merchandising opportunities to maximize floor productivity
- Work closely with the merchants/planners on range review, sku optimization and rationalization.
- Work closely with operations to maximize density on the floor to drive sales, UPT
- Develop merchandising standards to ensure all planograms and associated materials, including Visual Merchandizing, are commercially focused, relevant for customers and effective for stores
- Improve and fine-tune existing processes so to come to a Standard Operational Procedure (SOP) that will support successful implementation of planograms
- Evolve the merchandising approach over time in line with changing shopper and business needs using trial activity where necessary to verify the approach.
- Work with Merchandizing and Operations to manage new store openings and renovations
- Partner with Merchandizing, Store Operations and Store Design to articulate fixture needs and develop new fixture designs to better utilize space and improve product presentation
- Establish relationships with Store Operations, Replenishment to be a resource for space constraint solutions
- Maintain product data integrity for all items as it relates to planogram process
- Position requires manager to be on the sales floor around 60% of the time and in the office 40% of the time, but, must remain flexible based on needs/demands of the business
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Mathematics, or related OR 3 years' experience in retail management, category management, replenishment
- Retail merchandising and/or Store operations experience a must
- Space Planning and planogram expertise preferred with a fast consumer good category
- Strong business acumen and commercially driven for results
- Ability to absorb sales and financial information and translate into actionable results
- Critical Thinking and Strong Problem-Solving skills
- Ability to make decisions quickly, based upon a combination of analysis, experience, wisdom and judgment
- Effective presentation skills and ability to influence at all levels
- Commitment to building relationship across a cross functional team
- Excellent time management and planning skills, organized with the ability to multitask, exceptional follow up skills and able to meet deadlines
- Able to deal with ambiguity and to think outside the box and provide a continuous flow of new ideas and process improvements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a special sensitivity to working in a multi- cultural environment
- Basic level skills in Excel, Word, Internet Explorer, SharePoint, and Microsoft Photo Manager
- Basic level skills with a space planning software, such as Spaceman, Apollo preferred