About the business and the role
Christian Dior and the house that he created in 1947 has become the universal symbol of elegance, excellence and luxury. It created desire, magnifying the beauty of women. Today, the Creative Directors of the House continue to revisit the codes of Dior through haute couture, RTW, leather goods and accessories, and fine jewellery and timepieces.
Christian Dior Couture has an exciting opportunity for Merchandiser to join the Sydney Head Office team under a 10 Month fixed term contract.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The Merchandiser provides support to the Merchandising Manager to create and deliver optimal category assortments for all boutiques across Oceania through analytics and reporting, allocations, and inventory management. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maximising sales and sell through by analysing and reporting on core product categories, margin and inventory levels;
- Preparing appropriate reports evaluating market trends;
- Managing stock allocations;
- Managing the mapping and buying files for each season and communicating with the retail management team;
- Working with Visual Merchandising to provide stock availability and solutions;
As the Merchandiser, you are a highly motivated individual with an analytical mindset and confidence in your ability to identify client and market trends. Your can-do attitude and adaptability will see you succeed in a constantly evolving and fast paced environment. The successful candidate will also have:
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Strong analytical ability;
- Strong time management skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A keen eye for identifying and communicating market trends to our local and regional teams;
- Qualifications in Fashion Buying, Merchandising, Business or Finance is advantageous.